Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 4-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
An opportunity to join CBRE Design, a global team of talented architecture and interior design professionals operating within the largest commercial real estate services company in the world. Our ambition is to deliver exceptional design solutions for our clients, working within a creative cultural environment of teamwork, innovation, and creative verve.
The Design Lead will work with the APAC Regional Design Director to lead the design for the studio and support the growth of our interior design capability in Singapore. The Singapore Studio will form part of a larger growth strategy to create a regional design capability extending across the Asia Pacific and work alongside our APAC project management division of 2000+ project and construction management professionals.
- Work with the Regional Design Director to help grow the interior design business as an enabler for growth in our design capability across APAC.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners in workplace, project management, and advisory and transaction teams (commercial office leasing).
- Provide leadership and oversee the performance of the design team.
- Work alongside our project teams and provide creative and technical guidance to Project Leads.
- Planning, organizing, and directing design team activities, workflow and other day-to-day activates to ensure goals and objectives of our projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the design team in areas of staffing, development, coaching and retention of key contributors.
- Establish strategy, goals and objectives for the design team.
- Oversees all design reviews with design team to promote innovative design solutions.
- Primary daily contact with the client for all project design related matters and manage client requests.
- Represent the company in promoting and marketing interior design services, and work with the Regional Design Director in marketing endeavors, and proposal preparations.
- Be an extension of our regional and global design leaders, taking global design products and assisting to operationalize these in Singapore.
- Work with Regional Design Director to lead creative design technology vision and approach for the studio.
- Assist Regional Design Director to ensure all projects include QA/QC process for reviewing contract documents for completeness and organization.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Interior Design / Architecture from reputable and accredited curriculum or board;
- 13+ years in design industry with relevant experience including significant experience in design leadership roles within reputable design firms;
- Exceptional creative skills, design visioning and innovation;
- Expertise in all conventional aspects of technical design/architectural principles;
- Experience with Revit, Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-UP and Adobe Suite;
- Passion for design technology, including immersive tech and visualisation and comfortable with ambiguity and complex challenges;
- Ability to lead teams of senior designers and below;
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong commercial understanding and digitization experience;
- LEED or equivalent certification (preferable).
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.