Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
The role: Demobilisation Director - BT
The purpose of the Demobilisation Director role is to manage the overall operational impact across the business units driven from the change the Better Workplace Programme (BWP) and additional local BT tactical initiatives will deliver. This role will work across the Alliance team to effectively manage the reduction of whole, or part building closures and the revised service wrap that will need to be developed. This will include managing proactive risk mitigation, statutory compliance, customer engagement, CCN delivery and management whilst operating in a safe and sustainable manner. Working directly to the Operations Director this role will play a key role in the executive team to both manage day to day performance alongside an evolving growth agenda.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
Strategic Planning and Review
• Work in conjunction with the BT BWP programme and additional BT tactical workplace initiatives, develop a robust and cost-effective bespoke service wrap that delivers the appropriate level of hard and soft services required to maintain the BT Estate post change/consolidation.
• Interrogation of individual lease agreements to ensure compliance with hand back criteria.
• Work within a matrix environment to deliver all CCN’s associate with the change and consolidation of the estate
• Ensure changes within the self-delivered maintenance strategy are effectively tracked via the CCN process, communicated and uploaded onto Si.
• Work with the BU’s to ensure labour loading profile changes are understood and effectively managed prior to any changes being implemented.
• Ensure changes in soft services performance requirements are effectively documented and communicated via the CCN process to our Service provider prior to change and implementation.
• Ensure all Supply Partner changes in maintenance strategy are communicated and delivered via the CCN process and PO’s changed to reflect the revised maintenance strategy prior to implementation.
• Presents a monthly Service Delivery property estate plan, tracking actuals against planned activities with financial savings outlined for monthly delivery.
• Work with the Alliance Property team to analyse any pending reactive or corrective work order and deliver a risk-based maintenance proposal for delivery or cancellation of these tasks.
• Liaise with the BT workplace team on specific programmes such as the removal of the legacy waste project. Ensuring alignment of objectives and time sensitive deadlines are understood and met.
Quality and Safety Management
• Monitor and identify areas for improvement as a matter of course by challenging processes and ensuring suitable checks are in place.
• Create a culture of exceptional quality and innovation managed through the workplace team.
• Set an example of exceptional standards in all activities, language and communications.
• Identify and act on safety trends and reports to create interventions to protect the business, our people and drive continuous safety improvement.
• Ensures the team has the skills and motivation to carry out their roles to the best of their abilities. This includes all colleagues attending the Company induction day and mandatory relevant training.
• Ensure all colleagues are appraised annually and quarterly assessments are maintained.
• Train, develop, induct and mentor direct reports and builds a culture of continual development.
• Build a robust succession plan for the team using management and local development activities to ensure ready and able candidates are available at all times.
• Ensure the engagement strategy for the business is implemented and managed to drive the Employee engagement index.
• Encourages a culture of co-operation and teamwork within the Business Units, ensuring that colleagues are recognized and rewarded as appropriate, through local mechanisms such as Exceptional & WOW Awards and social activities.
• Represent CBRE and the Property Alliance team in a professional and credible manner to customers and the public.
• Build and develop high-level customer relationships within BT via the CRM framework, including Union representation (CWU) fully understanding their needs and demands with the appropriate action plans to develop the relationship and evidence improvements.
• Devise and deliver a communication strategy capable of providing the appropriate level of information to all customer who are directly or indirectly impacted by the workplace strategic initiatives. This would comprise of weekly ‘flash’ reports and monthly programme plans.
• Remain accessible and responsive to customers at all times and utilise technology channels to improve engagement and the pace of communications.
• Utilise and develop reporting metric’s that demonstrate the Alliance team property consolidation strategy
• Ensures robust contract reviews are led by BUL’s / RFM’s / HOP’s with check and challenge of detail and are used as coaching and development opportunities.
• Ensures that we live up to the CBRE brand promise and that the service offering is at all times fully evidenced on all sites.
• Takes leadership of mobilisation and transition activity to ensure that CBRE and customer expectations are met and that all demobilisations are signed off at exec level.
• Works closely with the procurement team to ensure suppliers are informed in advance of forthcoming changes to their service provision.
Financial & Asset Management
• Manages the business units to ensure effective controls are in place for all controllable spend with forward 2021 plan for monthly cost saving forecast.
• Ensure all changes to asset strategy are agreed internally within the Alliance team and tracked via Si and the embedded CCN process.
• Proactive manage any remaining asset post consolidation exercise for replacement based on ROI and risk approach.
• An inspiring leader that engages his/her teams to deliver their best work.
• Six Sigma and/or LEAN technology qualification/experience.
• Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Experience of using Dynamic and MS project is an advantage.
• Experience of a similar transformation programmes.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Must be detail conscious, accurate and methodical in approach with strong organisational and communication skills.
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
• Able to work systematically and use own initiative, often working on more than one task at any given time.
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
• Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel on occasions to other work locations.