CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Day Shift Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for provision of all-round engineering support, maintaining the Operational Assets at Account’s site.
• Provide sickness and holiday cover for your equivalent opposite shift team member
• Responsible for managing and controlling the Permit systems and safe systems of work for the campus
• Monitor the PPM system and to update plant records and assets as and when required
• Ensure current health and safety legislation is carried out on site
• Ownership of inspection logs for access and lifting equipment to ensure QA processes are maintained and auditable
• Assist, produce and construct the current Risk Assessments, which are used throughout all Macquarie facilities/sites
• Ensure quality is maintained throughout the facilities
• Ensure that all work is inspected prior to the closure of work permits in conjunction with the engineering team
• Supervise, coordinate and manage the engineering team undertake PPM or reactive works in accordance with the agreed timescale, providing technical support and leadership for the engineering team
• Allocate PPM tasks to engineering team
• Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective and efficient manner
• Control all activities being undertaken within the campus buildings. Liaising with the Site Personnel to make them aware of Specialist Service Provider visits prepare and have approved Standard Operating Procedures/PTW in advance of these visits
• Ensure that Specialist Service Provider (SSP) worksheets are signed off where necessary that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are escalated to the Contract Management Team
• Maintain effective shift handovers including critical plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works, special task requests, and standard of housekeeping
• Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Account Manager or Contract Support
• Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
• Ensure the SSP’s comply with the contractual service level agreements (SLA’s)
• Multiple years of experience in Building Services industry (Desired but not essential)
• C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds and 17th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation; C&G 2391 test and inspection (preferred)
• Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, UPS, Static Switches, Water Treatment, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of technicians/operatives
• Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation
• Have good IT and reporting skills
• Physical Fitness
• A high level of initiative as well as able to work as a part of team
• Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
• Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
• Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
• Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.