CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe.
The real estate market is undergoing significant and exciting change – driven by technology and data. CBRE intends to be at the forefront of this change as we skillfully use technology and data to create unmatched value for our clients.
About the opportunity
CBRE is on a transformational journey in digital, data and technology. With the growth in our data driven ambition, it is critical that we have a world-class operating model.
This is a newly created Data Governance Lead role in our Digital Enablement team and is a critical role in the UK Data Strategy. This role sits at the heart of our data operating model and our data driven culture ambitions.
We are looking for a real team player to support and drive data initiatives throughout the business in market and beyond. A key responsibility of this role will be to run CBRE’s Data Stewardship programme of work which includes process, people and technology; ensuring the UK business adheres to our high standards on data.
The ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of Privacy and Data Protection laws (for example GDPR) and have experience of their application in a large multi-matrix business. The ideal person will also possess strong technical expertise in data management, data ecosystems, and the technologies which underpin them.
You will be the UK’s go-to person for data alignment. You are passionate about data, promoting a data driven culture and you know the importance of data quality. You will be patient with people and enjoy change.
You will be a critical thinker who can solve problems as well as build processes for growth, with demonstrable experience delivering enterprise level initiatives. You will need to be hands-on and work closely with all levels in the company, including senior management. This will be a highly visible role in the UK business and suit someone who thrives in an environment that requires a high degree of change and working with a number of different teams and people.
• You will have relevant work experience in a data governance or a similar role with a high degree of conceptualisation and complexity in the tasks.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, science of engineering, or a relevant other.
• An analytical mindset and experience working with tools such as MS suite, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, or data processing products such as Alteryx.
• Good project management skills and able to strategically plan and prioritise data projects.
• Excellent communication with good presentation skills and the ability to manage and persuade multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to communicate complex concepts to non-data audiences
• Extensive experience owning documentation with high attention to detail
• Bonus points if you have experience in Collibra and linking to various sources
• Run the UK Data Stewardship programme of work; drive and implement key outcomes and decisions. To support with policy and protocol writing & proposals to support decision making.
• Responsible for running organisational assessments, and ensuring the UK business adheres to high standards on data collection, quality, sharing, privacy, storage and usage, etc.
• Co-creating a clear data governance framework to manage data across all teams of the organization.
• Inputting into and delivering the UK strategy for data governance ensuring that everyone understands the scope, priorities and expectations.
• Working with the wider organisation to clearly define roles and responsibilities to drive data accountability and enhance business outcomes.
• Work closely with peers to change the culture of Data ownership at CBRE.
• Maintain standard data definitions and value based on key business and commercial outcomes. Establishment of procedures to ensure data is always maintained as a strategic asset.
• To clearly define escalation paths and processes for identifying and resolving data issues. To assist with cyclical access control reviews across the business
• Collaborating with Digital & Technology teams to ensure the UK data governance agenda is delivered as part of the wider digital strategy.
• The candidate will work with and draw upon a network of data leads and champions to embed the right processes and protocols to enable commercial and business outcomes.
• To support with, produce and present data insight to senior business stakeholders. To build and deliver reporting process for key KPIs and drive action across the organisation.
• Assisting with the sourcing, qualifying and management of relevant market data streams.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.