Data Centre Technician - East
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 15-May-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Are you looking to elevate your career? We are looking for experienced Data Centre Team Leads and Senior Technicians for future vacancies. If you want us to consider you for future roles please send through your CV as an expression of interest.
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) offers clients the specific services needed from a qualified corporate real estate provider, supported by CBRE global resources. GWS ensures our clients get unequalled experience and knowledge, put to work for the benefit of their organisation.
Based in Singapore some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the operation, maintenance and repair of all Critical Environment (CE) systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance and CE activities within the Data Centres.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain. Review subcontractor method statements, risk assessments, and MSDS to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures
- Fully conversant with the Emergency Response Plan, CE EOPs, and act as the FOC liaison with the SOC during site emergencies
- Ensure that the FOC is monitored and manned at all times and that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner
- Complete scheduled PMs and ensure all other CE Technicians carry out their scheduled PMs in a timely manner
- Update and log all activities and time on CMMS
- Carry out annual appraisals for all your team as tasked by management.
- Complete a minimum of 1 drill per month with at least one drill involving the CE Day team and/or Security team
- Ensure that the FOC, library, and FAC Workshop are clean and tidy at all times
- Adhere to and drive your shift team to achieve acceptable scores on the team KPI scorecard
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting(AIR) process
Desired skills and qualifications
To be successful in this role candidates require a technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering. Candidates must demonstrate 5 or more years of experience in a critical environment preferably data centres. Candidates must have an excellent understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment. Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the clients and contractors.
Candidates must be able to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.