Data Centre Technical Supervisor Electrical (TSE)
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor to be the Electrical system technical operations expert for Data Centre buildings within a Dublin Campus. The Technical Supervisor Electrical (TSE) will have overall responsibility for all Electrical engineering aspects including Electrical processes, procedures, training, Technical standards, and operations for the Data Centre.
They will be the point of escalation for the onsite CBRE team and Client’s Electrical Engineer (EE) for all Electrical items on the contract.
Summarised below are the main tasks that we anticipate would fall within the remit of this position.
•Serve as a technical/consultative resource for the operation, maintenance and repair of all critical environment systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems. Hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of Electrical equipment
•Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and the Client representatives - Be the main point of contact for the Clients Electrical Engineer (EE)
•Peer review and keep up to date all site electrical procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, Drills and AP’s when required or as scheduled by the procedure specialist. Develop site procedures while keeping all documentation consistent with current client standards.
•Review all submitted vendor documentation (method statements & risk assessments) relating to Electrical systems prior to any works starting on site via Share point approval workflow process. Workflows are assigned by sub-contractor specialist for review/approval.
•Review all vendor submitted service reports (Emergency, break fix & Maintenance reports) and ensure all outstanding or highlighted items on these reports are followed up with & closed out.
•Carry out QA on all vendor works completed on site relating to Electrical systems.
•Monitor & ensure all critical spares relating to the Electrical & Data Center systems are in place – ensuring quantities, critical components and stock is accurate to what is required.
•Be the point of contact for the CBRE CE team to support Electrical or Data Center escalation as per the site CBRE escalation procedure.
•Carry out full RCA’s and post-mortem reports for any technical issues or equipment failures on site providing detailed reports to CBRE, Data Centre Management and global peers as required.
•Ensure Emergency classification & notifications are correct, accurate & up to date for Electrical systems. Work alongside the mechanical supervisor to ensure consistency & quality of information.
•Drive Campus wide energy efficiency through Energy saving innovations, extra works & projects. All energy saving works must be recorded & updated on the master energy register as part of campus ISO50001
•As required, review all subcontractor maintenance contracts to ensure vendor contractual works are technically aligned with site requirements. Attend sub-contractor review meetings & input into the vendor scorecards.
•Provide training to the CE team on Electrical equipment, procedures & processes.
•Keep CET syllabus & curriculum up to date as the facility changes to ensure all staff are aware of new equipment or changes on site.
•Develop CET examination questions & perform CET scenario’s as part of the Campus CET program. Sign off on CE staff competencies for each CET level obtained, correcting examinations & providing reports/feedback on all assessments.
•Reach out to and liaise with local and global peers to ensure compliance with client standards and best practice.
•Report health and safety breaches through the process in place on Campus (Goal, CBRE systems)
•Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors at all times.
•Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of the CBRE uniform and appropriate PPE when required.
•Assist CBRE management in technical staff management, development, and appraisal within the constraints of the contract and CBRE policies
•Assist in the recruitment of new staff by providing technical assessment or all new candidates interviewing to join CBRE CE team on site.
•Review all submitted drills and follow up on any actions – ensure quality of drills & detail is captured at all times.
Qualifications, Experience and Character:
•An excellent understanding and experience of the electrical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units.
•Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
•Experience of medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment.
•Experience of MV and LV switching procedures and safety protocols
•Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the Data Centre systems.
•Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry
•Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit reports, including detailed RCA’s and post-mortem reports. Monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.).
•Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the Data Centre infrastructure.
- Have an Electrical qualification to trade.
- Excellent general education is essential, ideally to degree standard.
- Have an understanding of what a Data Centre environment is, and the working restrictions applicable to such environments. Must be able to demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development with at least two years’ experience in production or critical environments
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills., with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors.
- Numerate and computer literate. High software skills – MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
- Capability to manage escalations which contain various degrees of ambiguity and either resolve or properly escalate in a timely manner, where appropriate.
- Demeanour to manage customer expectations/escalations and shepherd customer concerns in high-pressure scenarios
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Able to contribute effectively within the team, be a team player being able to work with CBRE and clients staff of all levels.
- The successful applicant needs to be experienced not only in a technical capacity but as a Senior Team Lead (3 members or more) or as a Senior Supervisor within a critical environment.
- Experience of managing escalation and emergency issues, demonstrating good communications with client, management, team members and vendors.