CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Data Centre Supervisor to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in London. Managing all CBRE operational tasks to ensure all is done safely and in accordance with approved methods in place to minimise the risk of any client down time, this role is very much surrounding all aspects of the technical M&E service we provide and to ensure its done to the high standards we offer within CBRE, the list below details all tasks that fall within this job role:
- Responsible for ensuring that all Engineering Operational activities within the building are controlled and that they are being carried out with due regard to Health and Safety, business risk and maintaining the 100% uptime criteria
- Play an integral role within the site call out schedule and escalation procedure
- Organise sub-contractor service schedule
- Liaise with contractors for service dates as per the service planner
- Create/ Review MOP for the associated Maintenance/Remedial work
- Review and approve sub-contractor RAMs
- Raise access requests for sub-contractors
- Ensure all subcontractor maintenance/ remedial work is completed accordingly
- Review sub-contractor service sheets, identify remedial actions, chase quotations and ensure failures are adequately documented and monitored until resolved
- Review and organise sub-contractor logbooks
- Review and monitor site team PPMs
- Ensure the onsite maintenance is completed to the highest standards ensuring that Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- Monitor the PPM system and update plant records and assets as and when required
- Supervise, coordinate and support the engineering team undertake PPM or reactive works when required.
- To assist, produce and construct current Risk Assessments including COSHH
- Write and review SOPs, EOP & MOPs
- Ensure water logbook is up to date and all relevant actions and requirements are in place
- Ensure the emergency lighting folder is up to date and all remedial actions are in hand
- Ensure CERM is rolled out on site, that the CERM processes are being followed and regularly reviewed
- Write up customer reports, meter readings and power readings (if applicable)
- Manage the onsite team adequately to gain optimum performance from the staff
- Monitoring site engineer’s sickness and organizing engineers holiday procedure to be sent to the team
- To prepare and manage planned and reactive electrical shutdowns including switching of HV
- Ensure all tools are calibrated with up to date certificates
- Assisting CM with Monthly Reporting
- Completing Monthly Manager inspection in absence of CM
- Manage and support all site operations being led by CBRE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Building Services industry
- C&G qualified or equivalent in an electrical services/maintenance.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation competent
- HV Approved Person
- Confined Space entry trained. (Where required)
- Recognised training or apprenticeship
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems as they are installed. This may require nights away from home.
- Reliable and conscientious
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and technical competence; but do not meet all the requirements may be considered subject to client approval.
- The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.