CE Day Technician - Mechanical
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Data Centre Day Mechanical Technician join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Dublin The Mechanical Day technician will work as part of the wider CE Day & Shift Teams who are responsible for the emergency response, operation of critical services within the data center environment and stabilize emergency conditions as they arise. The CE Mechanical Day team will align CE equipment through Mechanical switching activities to facilitate break/fix, Projects, Vendor & inhouse planned preventive maintenance (PM) activities in DUB11. The CE Day team will work alongside the CE shift teams & Electrical Day Team with a one team approach to ensure all aspects of the facility are covered & monitored during the day so there is no impact to operations.
- Train in the operation of Mechanical critical facility systems as outlined in the site-specific CET training syllabus. Areas include: Mechanical, Building Monitoring, Fire systems and Controls.
- Be the main point of contact on site for the shutdown/startup of Mechanical equipment as per site operational procedures to support all PM/CM activities (MOP) carried out by the CE Team or Vendors.
- Operate and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Provide detailed reports for any/all incidents on site. Reports must be completed on the correct template & sent to the Technical supervisor and CFM.
- Ensure all CE notifications (SEV’s etc.) are up to date and then closed out correctly as required when the task is completed.
- As & when required – Assist the CE Shift teams in the response to fire alerts, equipment alarms and facility events.
- Use CMMS to report all facility related tasks – This includes recording all hours on site for the likes of Training, Procedure Creation/reviews, Permits, Vendor escorts, work performance etc. All technician time must be accounted for & recorded in CMMS.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain. As required escort third party vendor to work locations and ensure area is safe to perform work.
- Review & approve any assigned subcontractor method statements, risk assessments and MSDS to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures prior to you or the CE Day/shift team issuing permit to works.
- Carry out Vendor inspections during days, checking/monitoring quality of work, review data/service reports to include all break/fix, P.M.’s and project work on site.
- Carry out formal vendor spot checks per month as instructed by the TS/CFM by completing the CBRE OP63 documents & uploading to CBRE QHSE portal. This is tracked & recorded as part of the technicians KPI.
- Author, Peer review, approve or carry out periodic reviews of all OP’s/Drills as issued by the TS/CFM.
- Issue a daily Mechanical CE report to the TS/CFM detailing activities and issues that have taken place and that require escalation.
- Carry out drills & complete toolbox talks as per KPI tracker.
- Requirement to report health and safety breaches through the site process achieving individual technician set KPI target. it is each engineer’s responsibility to report hazards via the CBRE QHSE platform (GOAL etc.) and provide updates to the CFM/QHSE team.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Ensure that CE work areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Requirement to spend time working in other parts of the Dublin Campus as per the site/campus work roster to support CE operations and business needs.
- A fully verifiable trade qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- A strong understanding and experience of the mechanical systems used in a Data Center environment, including: Generators, Fuel Systems, Chillers, Building Management
- Systems and Controls, Air handling units, Variable Frequency Drives (VSDs), Fire Alarm systems and Fire Suppression systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data Centre infrastructure.
- Experience of working within a Project Environment and dealing with design and construction engineering professionals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data Centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.) Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues onsite.
- Organized, able to effectively prioritize and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Previous experience of supervising contractors and reporting to peers an advantage.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative.
- The CE Day Technician will be utilised across the wider Dublin campus to get a better understanding & exposure to all sides of CE operations.