Data Centre M&E Technician, Tai Seng, 12-H shift
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 18-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
24 by 7 Shift Technician
- Train in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) as instructed by the Site Lead and ensure that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems
- Perform preventative, corrective, and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting (AIR) process
- Technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (with 2-3 years working experience in Critical Environment)
- An understanding and experience on the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Knowledge of low & medium voltage distribution systems and associated switchgear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit daily reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc).
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and client service skills.
- Experience with Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize and deliver within dynamic and high-pressure, business-critical environments.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player, able to work with the team and clients staff of all levels.