Critical Services Technician
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Services Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in London. As the post holder, you will be expected to have detailed understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical and Mechanical). As a key member of the engineering shift teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant electrical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective).
With a drive to increase reliability through proactive maintenance standards, the Critical Services Technician will take ownership of any issues related to Electrical systems within the facility. While supporting the Data Centre Shift Leader in overall delivery of day to day operations in line with CBRE/client process and procedures. You will also be a HV Authorised Person for the site and will actively contribute to the successful delivery of all critical works.
- Operate all Electrical systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including Electrical isolations/operations). Having due regard to business risk and energy use. Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensure that Specialist Sub Contractor worksheets are signed off where necessary, that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the Data Centre Shift Leader.
- To provide backup as engineering relief cover in the event of annual leave, training or other absence within the engineering team.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks.
- Attend weekly team meetings, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with CBRE management.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as undertaking any relevant EOP scenario drills (Mock Drills).
- To assist the Data Centre Shift Leader in completing the daily shift handover, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted.
- Response to all Data Centre client requests within SLA.
- Undertake Planned, Reactive and Corrective maintenance tasks as requested.
- Actively participate in QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Compliance with client CEM process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial works.
- Attend nominated training courses as identified by CBRE management in line with DCS training matrix.
- Undertake Site Specific Technical Assessments and Skills Gap Analysis at intervals defined by CBRE/client
- Work with Data Centre Shift Leader ensuring all plant rooms under CBRE control are maintained to the required show site standards.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- ElectricalAuthorised Person (HV & LV Systems)
- HNC/HND in relevant field or associated ElectricalApprenticeship (Or Similar)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Drives operational excellence within the team.
- Have very good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
- A high level of initiative.
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions.
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.