Credit Collections Specialist
Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 1-Jul-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working to strict monthly deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a ledger of up to 4000 accounts
- Chasing debt by telephone and email and reducing debtor days
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Working to strict monthly and annual collections targets.
- Administer approved accounting policies and procedures to ensure financial and operational reports accurately reflect the condition of the business
- Perform reconciliation, accruals, journal entries, account analysis and reporting required to achieve timely and accurate month-end accounting close.
- Ensure documentation for all procedures within the team are kept up-to-date
- Provide where applicable user training/best practice application
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Background in Accounting and/or Finance is required.
- Collection experience is a plus but not required.
- Success in reducing outstanding debts and DSO
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- High level of accuracy and numerical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and a proactive approach to customers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills- verbal, written and listening
- Customer driven, an excellent communicator and a team player
- Maintain a strong client service focus with respect to all collections and client interactions
- Strong personal organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Displays good judgment and a professional demeanour
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials desirable
- Results focussed, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take the desired action
- Amenable to work on APAC hours depending on business needs
- Willing to be assigned at Buendia, Makati.