CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Corporate Outsourcing EMEA Accountant to join the team located in London.
• Responsibility for the financial reporting of several EMEA Corporate Outsourcing entities. This includes Monthly Accounts pack, Published Accounts, Taxation matters, and other statutory reporting to public bodies e.g. Companies House, NSO. This responsibility includes accuracy and timeliness.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and any Balance Sheet Commentary. Review Divisional, LOB and Client results and challenge. Review of processes. Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations each month, with a proactive resolution of any issues within them.
• Reporting monthly results on an accurate and timely basis into Hyperion and providing commentary on variances.
• Providing schedules, reconciliations, explanations and information to External and Internal auditors. Co-ordinating the audit with CBRE colleagues.
• Ability to provide cover for other EMEA Accountants and EMEA controller.
• Co-ordination of activities with client Finance team and Shared Service Centre in Poland.
• Agreement and documentation of procedures to ensure consistency and conformity across entities, LOB and clients.
• Driving and agreeing any financial policy requirements with the Group Financial Director, Group Financial Controller, GCS Reporting Manager, Finance Directors and Divisional Directors.
• Development of reports common to all Clients, LOB and countries reporting on the above and also driving forward efficiency and the quality of information.
• Fixed asset register maintenance, reconciliation and monthly posting of depreciation.
• Production of monthly debtor days and creditor days reports.
• Ensure relevant procedures are maintained within the Finance Procedures Manual.
• Reviewing and reporting on performance, identifying and highlighting any areas of opportunity or weakness to the wider commercial audience, including the senior management team.
• Reconciliation of accounting activities from external providers to the in-house JDE platform, People Soft platform.
• Any other role commensurate with that of the COS EMEA Accountant.
• A recognised Accountancy Qualification, preferably ACA or ACCA, or equivalent.
• Formal training in the use of Excel, including pivot tables and advanced formulae, Word, Outlook
• Knowledge of and experience with PeopleSoft Financials ERP system and Hyperion Financial Consolidation & reporting system
• Knowledge and experience of IFRS
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as an auditor in a top 5 Audit firm
• Experience of similar role in a medium sized business
• Preparation of statutory and management accounts (in multiple currencies) for multiple entities
• Reviewing financial statements to ensure presentation, disclosures and format are in line with the relevant accounting standards
• Skills to lead, process and prepare management accounts, KPIs and reports to give the business a sound reporting base
• Ability to shape, lead and influence other senior managers
• Well developed, strong communication skills enabling the individual to work with Board Members, clients, suppliers, and staff to all levels and abilities
• Committed to the delivery of excellence in customer service
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure and against rapidly changing demands and priorities, in a team environment
• Highly organised, and able to effectively undertake many tasks at the same time
• Able to make sound decisions when needed and take accountability for outcomes
• Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach
• Very confidential manner, able to deal discretely with sensitive employment and payroll information
• A team player, able to work with both CBRE staff of all levels and external customers or third parties
• The role requires the post holder to work outside of core office hours on a frequent basis
• Occasional regional / overseas travel to other working locations when required by the business
• Uses a range of communications methods and styles to convey information
• Has a though understanding of relevant procedures and processes in a finance team
• Ability to be open, flexible and show willingness to change when necessary
Location of role - London office
Salary package - Competitive
Opening date - Thursday 21st of May 2020
Closing date - Friday 19th of June 2020
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.