We are looking for a qualified accountant to join a busy, supportive and established Finance Team at the London office of CBRE Global Investors, one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. As part of a team of approximately 8 people, you will be responsible for some crucial elements of the Finance Team’s workload including taking responsibility for coordinating tax compliance matters and FCA reporting. To deliver the role they will need strong technical skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
The Corporate Accountant works within the Corporate Accounting department based in the UK that is responsible for the accounting, reporting and control of both the UK direct and GIP businesses.
This role will be supporting the financial operations and reporting of the business itself, both the Global Investors UK (“GI”) and Global Investment Partners (“GIP”) business lines. There is regular communication with the regional head office in Amsterdam and global head office in Los Angeles. Systems used are PeopleSoft, TM1, HFM.
Key accounting tasks as required, including but not limited to:
- Balance sheet reconciliations and reviews across all business lines.
- Ownership of intercompany recharges and reconciliations
- Reporting and liaising with external provider on all areas of tax, including but not limited to VAT, Corporation Tax, SAO documentation
- Assistance with month and quarter end close reporting to EMEA/Global teams as required
- KPI Reporting
- Payroll Accounting and reconciliations
- Bonus Accounting and reconciliations
- Compliance reporting and FCA Returns
- Accounting for Fixed Assets
- Writing up and creating policies, processes and procedures
- Helping to create efficiencies within the team, assisting with projects both at local and global level
- Peoplesoft & HFM control within the team
- Bank and journal approval
- Ad hoc analysis and other tasks as required by management
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with at least 2 years’ post qualification experience (in a finance function outside of accounting practice). Good understanding of UK tax environment, and hands-on experience with VAT and Corporation Tax. Interest in broadening UK Tax experience
- Very strong technical accounting skills and excel skills (confidence with vlookup, sumif and pivot tables essential)
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work under pressure, manage workload, prioritise tasks, plan time effectively and work to fixed deadlines
- Confidence to take individual responsibility
- Initiative to investigate and solve problems
- Comfortable building relationships across the business, at all levels of seniority, within and outside of the finance function
- Enthusiastic team player
Desired but not essential
- Experience of the investment management industry useful but not essential
- Previous experience with HFM