CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Contract Supervisor
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Contract Supervisor to join the team located in London.
As Contract Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
• Provide leadership, supervision and development of team members on the contract.
• To ensure M&E Reactive and extra works jobs are completed on time and to the right quality using direct labour team and approved subcontractors. Ensuring the multiple stakeholders on the site are kept updated at all times.
• To ensure technical support is given to all engineers & the leadership team in connection to all reactive works, and to assist in co-ordinating billable/minor works that delivers against time and budget requirements while meeting or exceed client expectations.
• Ensure engineers are working productively completing reactive jobs on site. Providing Technical Support where needed. Organise and plan engineers on site to ensure they are working proactively.
• Driving the productivity of the engineers on site to ensure they are reducing their open jobs to an acceptable standard.
• Having a knowledge of the open job on site and completing high profile jobs within an acceptable time period.
• Completing regular meetings with the engineers, to include toolbox talks, risk assessments and general communication.
• Call in subcontractors where needed to complete reactive jobs.
• Review and approve all rams for reactive works, ensuring working safely.
• Audit direct labour and subcontractor works to ensure quality of work and safety of working practise.
• Raising and follow through of permits for high risk activities including hot works, excavation etc.
• Assisting the Contract manager in completed extra works projects
• Working alongside compliance team to run operation
• Working alongside other areas of team to provide assistance and guidance where needed
• Answer the hatch when needed to sign in contractors including giving inductions
• Being part of a duty manager rosta every 6 weeks, dealing with escalations on site out of working hours.
• Be available out of hours on occasion to deal with escalations on site
• Attend city centre venues on occasion to assist in workload
• Send out regular updates to multiple stakeholders on site updating on status of jobs
• Liaising with helpdesk to give updates on jobs
• Travel around site during the day attending jobs and updating multiple stakeholders
• Dealing with multiple jobs at a time in a professional manor whilst providing good communication
• Able to work on the move and multi task.
• Plan in Rosta with PPM supervisor to ensure all events and exhibitions are covered in the month
• To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with reactive operations.
• Assist contract support and Contract Manager in administering the reactive and Extra works.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE policies and procedures.
• Working with other CBRE engineers and AP’s on other sites to ensure the collaborative development of the contract and company.
• Working with the other supervisors & Contract Manager to ensure appropriate control/monitoring systems PPM, CM & Re-active works are used/shared to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of CBRE.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to tool box talks, briefings, correspondence, and ad-hoc reporting as appropriate.
1. Reporting to CBRE Contract Manager
2. Accountability to the CBRE Contract Manager
3. Accountable day-to-day to the relevant client contacts, Contract Manager.
4. Jointly financial responsibilities for the delivery of the operational plan
5. Accountable for the team of engineers who work within the CBRE contract.