Contract Manager, Data Centre Solutions, Heathrow
• To lead our on-site Data Centre Operations team, ensuring delivery excellence of a business critical 24/7/365 operating environment for a key customer.
• Accountability for meeting or exceeding against contracted SLA’s in this high availability environment in the delivery of Critical Engineering and Facilities Management services.
• Own and develop a professional relationship with the client to deliver positive customer outcomes.
• Building on that relationship, extend our additional Data Centre Service capabilities within the account.
• Responsibility for rigorous adherence to all Quality Health & Safety measures to ensure the safety of the teams on site always.
• Through effective change control procedures ensure that all works are carried out to the required specification, time and costs, and that all required commercial agreements are in place.
• In delivery of the above, own the P&L for the site, providing monthly forecast accordingly, and delivering or exceeding against those forecast plans.
• Leading from the front, ensure that contractual commitments are met or exceeded.
• Ensuring customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
• Identify & leverage any and all opportunities for the strategic development of the contract, to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
• Through additional services and projects add value for the client such that contracts are retained.
• Management of Maintenance & Engineering infrastructure.
• Ensure the provision of Quality health and safety working conditions, and that all required policy and processes are effectively implemented across our teams, services and subcontractors. Regularly review and audit of the same.
• Ensure teams are fully trained as required to carry out their duties, ensuring routine reviews and personal development plans are in place to continually raise our game.
• Following on from the above, implement and manage an effective succession planning plan.
• Be the responsible lead for all things High Voltage related and the associated activities.
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward of the team.
• Delivering effective business communication through relevant contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
• Take the lead on governance of the account, proactively ensuring all Service Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews are in place.
• Escalate issues or incidents in a timely and appropriate way to ensure Data Centre Services Leadership team are informed and that key Customer relationships are protected.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge or experience of critical and/or data centre environments in a high availability sector.
• One or more of the following: Maintenance &Engineering, facilities management, projects, building services experience.
• Proven track record in leading a team to deliver service excellence through enabling and empowering the team within a frame work of regulatory requirements.
• Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally, including Client relationship at C suite level.
• Experience of managing essential suppliers and third party providers in a collaborative way.
• Commercial awareness and business acumen, using financial metrics to drive improved margins.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent presentation skills be they written or verbal, able to tailor presentations to be relevant to the audience
• High Voltage Authorised Engineer
• Core qualifications and back ground in Electrical and Mechanical systems
CBRE DCS fully believe in the benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for diverse application pools accordingly.