Birmingham , United Kingdom
Date published: 6-Jan-2020
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to join our market leading Compulsory Purchase team at CBRE. The current team of 16 includes highly experienced professionals whose robust knowledge of property and valuation means we can offer strategic advice on all types of schemes and projects.
Our team has worked on major infrastructure projects (roads and railways), town centre redevelopment schemes; regenerations schemes and have worked with energy and utility companies.
The successful candidate will ultimately be providing clear compulsory purchase advice to our clients. These could be acquiring authorities, developers or those affected by compulsory purchase. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other teams within the Firm, or other members of the client team. This individual will be involved in site assembly and compulsory purchase projects from conception through order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
The ideal candidate will ideally be a qualified surveyor or currently in the process of the APC. Previous experience of land assembly and compulsory purchase for a range of projects is helpful but not a requisite. The individual must be a good team player and also able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility and initiative. The candidate must also have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be able to adapt to ever changing client and market requirements.
• Preparing estimates of compensation payable
• Advising on compulsory purchase process and procedure/timescales
• Pre-Order site assembly negotiations
• Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authority
• Preparing and negotiating compensation claims on behalf of claimants
• Working with development, planning, financial consulting and other teams to deliver integrated client advice
• Assisting with Lands Tribunal and Public Inquiry preparation as required
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) or in the process of getting qualified through the APC process and must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
• Experience or an interest in compulsory purchase work
• Wider planning/development/valuation experience preferred
• RICS Registered Valuer would be an advantage
• Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
• A developed communicator with the ability to make a good first impression
• Resilient, adaptable and above all, keen and enthusiastic with a hunger to learn and diversify
• A team player
• Confident to meet, network and socialise with potential and existing clients
• Good report writing and presentation skills
CBRE is committed to growing and developing the long-term strategy of the business as the world leader in real estate and real estate related services. There is every opportunity therefore to progress rapidly in an organisation, which prides itself on innovative thinking.
We offer a wide range of future career opportunities with an enormous depth of expertise to learn and benefit from. This is an exciting time for the Compulsory Purchase team with exciting existing and prospective projects with which to be involved.