Job Title: Community Manager
Reports to: Customer Experience (CX) Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Community Manager to help enhance CBRE’s place activation and customer experience proposition as part of an expanding national team. Working as part of the wider Added Value Services (AVS) team, the key objective is to support the delivery of our place activation and customer experience capability across the UK region to provide our clients with an enhanced customer proposition in order to differentiate CBRE’s service offer and generate new revenues for the business.
A strategic approach to place activation and customer experience is becoming increasingly important to landlords and occupiers. It is therefore vital for CBRE to explore new and smarter ways of identifying, communicating and delivering initiatives that enhance a location’s proposition, physical environment, and sense of place, in order to create a seamless experience for occupiers, visitors, clients and stakeholders.
As a response to changing occupier requirements and future ways of working, CBRE are responding to the needs of the user by providing clients with a range of added value services, all with a focus on attraction, engagement and retention of occupiers, supported by CBRE’s agency and professional service lines.
A key aspect of the role is managing a team of Community Coordinators to deliver customer communications, engagement and events activation for our clients in order to create a vibrant, engaging and relevant sense of community with a strong brand identity for their customers.
As a community team there is also a need to provide admin and coordination support to the on-site management teams to enable them to deliver customer service excellence. Flexibility across the team will be needed as well as a requirement to travel to and work from, client assets within the geographical region (sometimes outside of normal working hours).
It is expected that the successful individual will:
- Work with the Place & Customer Experience team to define a client’s place and customer experience strategy and support the on-site management teams to execute the strategy and associated initiatives (e.g. experiential activities and events programmes).
- Recruit, manage and develop the Community Coordinator Team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the place activation and customer experience initiatives are achieved for our client’s asset or assets (clusters).
- Support the CX Manager in developing and deploying a CX toolkit for on-site management teams to drive place activation and customer experience excellence.
- Deliver customer experience training programmes to upskills on-site/front of house team e.g. our 11in10 training content.
- Work closely with the CX Manager and on-site management team to help execute any ‘Voice of the Customer’ survey strategy for the client and/or survey programme for CBRE. This may include the conducting of online surveys, face-to-face interviews, group forums or mystery shopping and the analysis and playback of the results.
- Undertake CX audits on key assets to produce a diagnosis and action plan for client’s asset(s).
- Support with the implementation of customer-led technology solutions and the ongoing management of content within such digital platforms (e.g. customer website/app), ensuring content is updated and remains relevant.
- Ensure the Community Coordinator Team manages an asset’s social media platform and coordinates engaging content opportunities, posting daily, as well as linking content into wider marketing strategy set by the Place & Marketing Manager.
- Communicate with occupiers on news and market events using these digital platforms and offline channels.
- Proactively manage the team to seek and co-ordinate engaging content opportunities with customers, local businesses, suppliers, and partners, linking content into the wider place and customer experience strategy.
- Assist the on-site team with all aspects of building, preparing, and running events at a client’s asset(s). This may include advising on best practice, recommending vendors, and ensuring engaging communication with occupiers.
- Record and report on the success of customer engagement, marketing activities, and events feeding into the Place & Customer Experience team, on-site management teams and clients.
- Work closely with the on-site operation teams to ensure a well-managed place and customer experience strategy and develop strong relationships with customers to ensure the community team creates a positive image for any client’s assets and its stakeholders.
- Actively promote a welcoming and pleasant working environment for the community team, addressing performance issues when necessary.
- Support office functions as required e.g. minute taking in client meetings.
Person Specification / Requirements
- Customer focused individual with strong customer service and events management experience.
- Proven ability to lead a team; motivating, influencing, and developing others to deliver their best.
- Adaptable to evolve with ambiguity and changing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Embraces new technologies and digital tools, learning and retaining technical processes quickly.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for a variety of audiences and formats (working within any brand guidelines).
- Proactive and enthusiastic, able to work well as part of a team as well as using their own initiative.
- Confident and collaborative in nature, building relationships at all levels.
- Passion for solving customer problems, with an empathetic approach to handling customer/client complaints.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Remains resilient with the ability to coordinate and prioritise demands efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Experience in delivering soft skills training (e.g. customer service/behavioural).
- Sound experience of Microsoft Office Suite products (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook).
- A flexible approach to working hours, and locations, to suit the needs of the business and our clients.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 90,000 people worldwide, with 2,500 working in the UK. The Company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and research and consulting. In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.