Commercial Manager, East - Paya Lebar
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 2-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Review and challenge client’s capital expenditure budgets to identify cost savings potentials and perform value engineering.
- Identification of savings potentials during the development and execution of the projects.
- Leading the annual budgeting process for APAC
- Review, challenge, improve and direct cost management processes provided by tier 1 suppliers.
- Regularly liaise with Global team to develop consistency globally.
- Preparation of Benchmark Reports and other Cost Analysis to support our client.
- Provide opinion on risk, trend analysis, impact of Change Requests, levels of contingency, claims and programme sourcing opportunities. Initiate action where appropriate.
- Provide general cost consulting and technical advisory to our client and to other CBRE colleagues.
- Proactively help our client to manage the CapEx pipeline using analysis and reports.
- Reviews of Cost Reports, Project Status Reports, Quality Checks and KPI scoring.
- Generate analysis to compare benchmarking data against other similar institutions using CBRE internal data.
- Day-to-day use of ‘Clarity’ to review cost reporting information inputted by tier 1 suppliers and ensuring budgets are accurate and up to date with all Approved Variations.
- Perform high level commercial reviews on all projects and perform occasional audits of cost underspend/escalation on projects including reviewing Risk Registers, Change Control Log, Value Creation Log etc.
- Initiatives to optimize processes and performance to achieve targets.
- Other activity as identified by your line management.
- Establish interfaces and liaise with client stakeholders; e.g. Security and IT to better prepare and track the project budgets / pipeline across the region.
- Familiarization with and use of CBRE and Client tools and procedures for budgeting and cost reporting.
- Contribute to an ongoing Continuous Improvement agenda with ideas and take ownership of implementing process change initiatives.
- Participate in global calls
- Complete all other CBRE mandatory and non-mandatory activities such as trainings, courses, surveys, town halls etc.
- Provide the commercial input and participate in the preparation and execution of the trainings to the stakeholder
- To perform additional duties which may be required from time to time as required
- Experience in the Real Estate and Construction sector, for example Project Management, Programme Management, Corporate Real Estate or Consulting
- Knowledge of APAC Construction, Budgeting and Procurement characteristics
- Experience in Preparing Estimates and Project Cost Forecasts
- Degree in Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering. Construction Management or similar
- Good Stakeholder Management skills.
- Very good communication and analytical skills.