Commercial Counsel - Supply Chain Solutions
Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 2-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general legal support to APAC GWS Supply Chain Solutions regarding vendor/subcontractor matters;
- Own APAC standard contract templates (Master Service Agreement, Service Agreement, Preferred Supplier Agreement, NDAs, etc.) used for vendors/subcontractors who provide services to CBRE’s clients where CBRE acts as facilities manager (“Downstream Contracts”);
- Conduct periodic Review of Contracts Suite and update / improve / adjust based on country / client / industry change changes.
- Review and negotiate legal issues in Downstream Contracts, where required;
- Assist in creating local country agreements for global Downstream Contracts to be used in APAC, where required;
- Review and negotiate legal issues in corporate contracts for CBRE’s recruitment service providers, where requested;
- Provide guidance and guardrails on use of Downstream Contracts and other related processes;
- Conduct legal clinics to train sourcing managers on use of Downstream Contracts and other related matters;
- Collect flowdowns and customize for use in APAC context and APAC Service Agreement context;
- Liaise between team/account where the flowdowns originated and assist in developing a guide for use in APAC; and
- Provide legal clinic on flowdowns where necessary;
- Publish quarterly legal bulletins for supply chain on any updates, case studies, and other legal-related announcements;
- Manage SharePoint that provides materials on Downstream Contracts and guides primarily to sourcing managers; and
- Liaise with local counsels on local law queries.
- Ensure alignment with Country Counsel as appropriate.
- Review country statue/regulatory issues & challenges to determine how they affect the supply contracting set up as and when such issues come up.
- Own & Manage Supply Contract execution process, signatory records & amend/adjust as required to ensure continued efficiency.
- Continue to develop & manage contract clause library & and it management within MySource.
- Preferably Juris Doctor or LLB graduate, with 3-5 years experience. Experience in contracts is an advantage.
- Excellent English Communication Skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities with excellent follow-up skills and organization. Some litigation background helpful, as well as experience in supervising outside counsel and monitoring litigation.
- Willing to be assigned at M1 Tower Makati.