CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Client Solutions Manager
The Client Solutions team is the major Business Development channel for A & T Contracted Accounts.
The team is responsible for the creation of unique, global, data-driven real estate solutions that combine excellent technology, the best industry expertise and operational excellence to support transformational change within multinational organisations. It builds long term win/win partnerships with organisations by blending thought leadership & insight from across the business with best-practice operations and governance to provide CBRE’s clients with outsourcing solutions that drive tangible return on investment, improve portfolio performance and enhance employee engagement.
Our Client Solutions Managers are critical to the success of all our major initiatives, providing the organisational expertise, written skills and creativity to work with the Client Solution Director to create quality narrative, documents and presentations to bring CBRE’s unique value proposition to life.
In addition, and under the guidance of the appropriate Client Solutions Director, the Client Solutions Manager will take ownership of all smaller opportunities within their designated vertical, ensuring that each Client Solutions Manager is continually developing their skills and expertise. This nurturing of talent ensures that we have a pool of talent well positioned to become our future Client Solutions Directors.
The Client Solution Manager provides key support to the Client Solutions Directors on all major RFIs/RFPs and major new business & retention initiatives across all sector verticals (75% of role):
• Project manages the end to end process, including writing/collating all narrative responses, presentation(s) and any other activities associated with each pursuit
• Works in partnership with the Client Solutions Director to ensure clarity and consistency of messaging throughout the response; effective incorporation of the value proposition
• Establishes relationships with key stakeholders across all areas of the CBRE business, to ensure we produce the most creative and comprehensive solutions for our customers
• Coordinates & coaches members of the pursuit team to provide materials to best support the opportunity
• Creates, maintains and circulates the project plan for the pursuit, incorporating key deadlines & milestones
• Organizes meetings, agendas, confirms actions & accountability, ensures deadlines are met
• Prepares final response and, if appropriate, submits to the client
• Organizes client de-brief session at the end of process (won or lost)
• Proofreads all written responses thoroughly prior to external circulation
Each Client Solution Manager will be aligned to a vertical sector and will take overall responsibility for opportunities <$1M within that sector under the guidance of the associated Client Solutions Director (25% of role)
• Leads and manages the entire pursuit, across products and regions, designs and develops the Client solution
• Responsibility for commercial & legal negotiations; adherence to governance & compliance; handover
Shares & evolves best practice across Client Solutions team, across and within vertical sectors
Client Solutions Manager is responsible for accurate representation of all opportunities under their remit within the CBRE CRM system
• Degree level qualification and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Bid Manager (or equivalent) developing quality proposals to secure high value, complex, multi-year outsourcing contracts
• Corporate Real Estate industry knowledge an added benefit, but not critical to the role
• Ability to thrive in a matrix environment; adept at managing virtual teams, encouraging different cultural and personal perspectives
• Ability to think outside the box, multi-task and work well under pressure, to identify issues and work to resolve them in partnership with business leaders
• Very strong written skills with the ability to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly.
• Ability to interpret and analyse complex information from a range of sources and present in a succinct and compelling way
• Personal agility, connectedness and resilience to thrive in a dynamic, changing environment
• Passion to define & influence standards and drive best practice
• Self-motivated and high energy with the ability to fit in well with a team
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.