Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 9-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This role of Change Manager is a critical for the success of workplace transformation projects across APAC. This role entails multiple stakeholders and holding these relationships in good stead is crucial. The role allows for growth and upskilling, it includes influencing stakeholders and changing mindsets to increase efficiencies and productivity for the client. The change manager will be responsible for supporting and running simultaneous workplace transformation projects while developing materials to execute change management in these projects.
The Change Manager will be responsible for owning the delivery of the program on the ground – focusing on the people side of change. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management tools, strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption of flexible working and manage resistance. The change manager will have to work with several other functions in the organization to succeed. Team work and collaboration are essential to your success.
Oversight and guidance will be provided at a Group level to support you in your successful delivery of projects.
The responsibility of the individual involves but not limited to:
- Create amazing communications and branding guidelines for the program – Create and design tools to deliver successful change management projects. With hands on experience in doing projects, you will have a clearer sense of what we need to deliver successful projects. Being able to think visually is important.
- Understand local business - (i.e. challenges, opportunities, functional needs etc), and engage with business early to lead/support physical and behavioural workplace change initiatives to effectively transition staff to flexible working environment
- Change Advocate - be a visible, positive advocate of workplace changes, ability to sell the flexible working solution to all levels of the organisation in an influential and effective manner (overview of program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgyY75COGDo )
- Apply a structured change management methodology – Customizes / localizes change program for each project based on discussion with business leadership and partners (Workplace Solutions COE, FM, HR, ITO, CA) to adapt to local cultural context and unique challenges of each project
- Lead change management activities - Designs and facilitates key engagement activities (e.g. Workshops, Townhalls, Change Champion meetings, Tours) during the transition period, move in and also post move in (to sustain the change). Able to ensure that the right communication mediums / engagement approaches are used to achieve maximum impact.
- Integrator - Guides contributions to the change efforts from Project Team, ensuring that change activities are integrated into overall project plans / consulting and coaching project teams
- Train the trainers (coaching sponsors) - Educate, train and guide senior leaders and executives on how to fulfil their role as change sponsors, as well as Change Champions on how to ensure their teams operate in the new environment
- Assessing the change / risk mitigation- Ensures that key change objectives are being met for each stage of the project / regular report to project team and Steering committee (where applicable) – reporting , escalating and mitigating risks appropriately
- Sustaining Change – engage and partner with the FM team at early stage, during and after the transition to ensure that new behaviours are embedded, work with the FM team to provide necessary education / change in processes (i.e. desk sweeps, cleaning cycles and other service elements) are taking place
- Support Workplace COE - further development of global change approach, methodology and communication plan to suit evolving needs
- Strong communications skills – ability to recognise and adopt the ‘tone of voice’ of the client for written communications such as newsletters.
- Ability to think visually and create engaging materials to support change projects.
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in project-based deliverables
- Experience in alternative workplace solution development and delivery
- Proven exposure at senior management level with a role in strategic development
- An understanding of behavioural change and the change process
- Familiarity with Workplace Strategy and relevant change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Excellent active listening skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Change management certification or designation desired (not essential)