Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Change Control Specialist
The purpose of our Change Control Specialist role is to ensure that changes to the Client’s contract are actioned within the SLA’s set out within the agreement. The Change Control Specialist will become the subject matter expert within the division, ensuring that all parts of the division take financial responsibility for their changes. You will be responsible for ensuring that proposed changes are clearly understood by decision makers, particularly their cost and complexity. You will decide whether a change is small, medium or large, which will determine the decision-making process for each item
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Maintain a tracking and reporting system to document rejected changes, communicates the status of approved and in-process changes, and completes change
• Stakeholder engagement at all levels;
• Ensure the process runs within agreed SLAs and seek opportunities for continuous improvement;
• Completion of Change Control Notices where necessary, including pricing, impact assessment and narrative;
• Obtaining pricing from subcontractors and checking that pricing for accuracy, challenging where necessary;
• Liaising with the Client Change Control Specialists to answer any basic queries or pass on for complicated queries to the wider business team;
• Work together with the Business Units to ensure the change control is accurately priced;
• Hold weekly update meetings with all relevant stakeholders;
• Produce the PMS dashboard relating to change controls;
• Check the accuracy of the change control before returning to the Client, obtaining all necessary internal approvals;
• Drive savings where possible;
• Raise variations where necessary;
• Instruct the finance team to up / down lift subcontractor purchase orders;
• Preparation of cost information to support month end reporting;
• Ensure that changes are logged, prioritised, categorised, assessed, authorized, planned, and scheduled, and are introduced in a controlled and coordinated manner
• Extremely high-level attention to detail;
• Advanced administration skills;
• Experience in relevant change management role on a large contract;
• Experience providing written and verbal briefing to senior stakeholders;
• Experienced at managing others to achieve results;
• Highly organised and effective project management capabilities to ensure a tightly managed and efficient change control process;
• Strong risk management experience, able to identify potential risks contained within change controls and highlight / escalate these to appropriate resources
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.