Job Title: Centre Manager
Reports To: Regional Operations Manager - Retail
Role Purpose: To optimise the performance of the shopping centre through the implementation of excellent operational and financial management, marketing, customer care and management of risk. To contribute to asset performance through the implementation of specific objectives and initiatives set out in the asset and business plans.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, to include the setting and reviewing of objectives, and personal development plans. Where relevant, ensure the performance management process is implemented effectively in a timely manner.
- Coach the team to enable them to maximise their performance and be empowered to take ownership for decision making.
- In conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager, recruit and select employees to ensure that the Centre is appropriately resourced to achieve business plan targets.
- Ensure the team understand the centre’s business plan and the importance of their individual contributions in achieving the plan.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, processes and procedures across the centre.
- Develop and nurture a positive team working environment with Asset Services colleagues.
- Develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, notably the Client(s), to ensure a productive and effective working partnership. To develop a network of contacts, to include decision makers and influencers within the local private and public sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Centre’s business plan and ensure specific asset objectives and initiatives are implemented as directed.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of the Centre through key performance indicators, including turnover, occupier trading performance, footfall, void rates, non-rental revenue generation etc.
- Contribute to letting strategy/tenant mix strategy and facilitate enquiries from prospective occupiers.
- Take ownership for the management, preparation and reconciliation of the service charge including preparing and reconciling the service charge budget and expenditure reports to occupiers.
- Authorise invoices for payment in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain awareness of occupier arrears and the performance of independent traders, and contribute to credit control management as required.
- Identify and advise surveying colleagues of potential new business opportunities/channels to ensure an increase in the commercial performance of the Centre.
- Oversee the delivery of an agreed marketing strategy.
- Encourage maximum positive local press and media coverage through the management of good press relations and acting as the local spokesperson, as required.
- Maintain awareness of, influence, monitor and report on local issues, activities and initiatives that may affect the Centre.
- Participate in and influence local community matters for the benefit of the Centre through local chambers of commerce and other relevant bodies. Inform surveying colleagues of any matters regarding the local/regional economy, transportation and planning issues that may affect the performance and capital value of the Centre.
- Regularly monitor and report on competition activity within the catchment area affecting the Centre including any significant planning applications submitted to the local planning authority.
- Ensure surveying colleagues are promptly informed of all tenant applications to include assignment, subletting and tenant alterations. To ensure that the latter are carried out in accordance with the consent granted and the Centre’s retail design guide, as appropriate.
- Assist the Procurement team with the appointment of service providers to the Centre, ensuring that all procurement needs are carried out in line with Company policy.
Customer Service & Quality
- Ensure consistent and visible liaison with occupiers, both through informal visits and tenant association meetings, in order to drive sales and optimise performance. Ensure feedback on occupier performance is provided.
- Ensure occupier welcome packs and guides are produced, maintained and distributed as appropriate. This should include shop fit out design, operational issues and Centre rules and regulations to all new occupiers, assignees, sub-lessees etc.
- Through the provision of high standards of customer facilities, services and initiatives, promote customer loyalty by exceeding customer expectations, encouraging repeat visits and increasing customer dwell time and spend.
- Work in partnership with service providers and the Operations Manager (where applicable) to ensure KPI’s are met, standards of presentation are maintained and service improvements are implemented as appropriate.
- Ensure records are maintained relating to the Centre; e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., and that any action which may be required is promptly undertaken.
- To produce regular reports to surveying colleagues as required.
- To manage major work programmes, Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme (PPM), and any capital investment initiatives within the Centre, to ensure successful and timely completion.
- Take ownership for the management of all statutory compliance/risk on site, including the maintenance of records and the Meridian system.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and awareness of market practices and legislation affecting Centre management, adopting a proactive approach to changing statute and environmental legislation.
- Ensure regular property inspections to tenant demised areas are conducted to ensure compliance with lease covenants and statutory obligations, and that all concerns are reported to surveying colleagues.
- Agree and implement an appropriate plan to ensure compliance with CBRE’s sustainability standards and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations.Maintain and review as necessary, the Centre Disaster Recovery and Major Incident Management Plan, ensuring occupiers and team are fully briefed on evacuation and emergency procedures and, in the event of a major incident occurring, to comply with relevant internal procedures.
- To adhere to all CBREMS policies and procedures at all times.
- Previous Centre Management experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of managing a team and supply partners
- Experience of service charge management and delivering financial targets
- Experience of successfully delivering a business plan
- Proven ability to understand the local market environment and apply to the business plan
- Excellent IT skills, able to use MS Office and bespoke Company systems
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental requirements, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- BCSC Diploma in Shopping Centre Management or similar industry qualification preferred
- People Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Focused
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organising
- Results Focused
- Team Working
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.