Responsible for developing, implementing and administering compensation programs that support business objectives. Helps plan and implement all tactical and strategic activities related to compensation.
- Responsible for managing the planning, communication and implementation of CBRE's executive compensation programs.
- Responsible for the management of the various compensation nad benefits activities such as salary management, benefits design and management, incentive compensation design and administration, sales compensation design, employee/manager education and communication, job design and evaluation and interpretation of corporate policies/procedures.
- Utilizes experience/understanding to respond to compensation and benefits trends and market data points, while tying them to corporate objectives and ensuring legal compliance.
- Completes the study, analysis, design, evaluation, implementation, administration and communication of current compensation programs, policies, and procedures; develops recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors the effectiveness of compensation programs, policies, guidelines and procedures, and recommends revisions or new plans that are cost effective and consistent with the compensation strategy and philosophy. Coordinates and creates materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Participates in the job evaluation program oversight including the job evaluation process, the development and maintenance of formal job grades and salary ranges, job analysis, and the preparation of written job descriptions.
- Participates in salary surveys and oversight of global salary survey strategies, and in the collection and analysis of survey data to determine the competitiveness of compensation programs.
- Recommends, conducts and participates in assigned salary surveys in order to understand competitive compensation levels in the organization.
- Completes job evaluation studies and ensures that job descriptions on file are current, complete and accurate.
- Assures through audits, analysis and reports, that all organization compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Assists in the design, implementation and communication of a wide variety of compensation and salary administration programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
May provide formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinates' recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university and 7 to 10 years of experience.
Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management and client groups to take desired action.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.