Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Business Improvement Manager
The purpose of the Business Improvement Manager role is to support the Quality and Assurance Director in management of key business workstreams, risk programmes and workflow processes. The role assists with the design, build and implementation of business, system and process transformation across the BT account. The role works closely with the Risk, Quality and Assurance team and interface internally and with key BT stakeholders to ensure focus on operational effectiveness and efficiency, whilst improving the customer and colleague experience.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Leads continuous improvement programmes and projects, collaborating with relevant reams directly to manage and re-engineer processes and design processes that eliminate failure;
• Analyzes and examines business and workflow processes using recognized methods such as lean practitioner, six sigma, PDCA and gap analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and inefficiencies;
• Ensures critical evaluation processes are established for data, BI and management information;
• Analyzes management information and performance data to proactively support the development of short-and-long term strategies to optimize operational and account performance;
• Works with the BI team to build statistical techniques, data modeling and solutions to drive account performance and value;
• Ensures data prototyping and proof of concepts to deliver more agile approach to data management;
• Periodically measures and monitors progress against change management, innovation, transformation and improvement programmes to ensure changes yield desired results and objectives;
• Works with the Risk Assurance team to drive effective risk management for the account, and policies that comply with relevant legislation and operational requirements.
• Delivers strategy and works with the Compliance manager to implement processes for audit, policy and governance plans.
To be an effective Business Improvement Manager it is essential that they have the following knowledge, skills and expertise:
• Excellent relationship building skills with strong influencing capability and people engagement experience;
• Ability work under pressure and to deadlines, within a multi-disciplinary team;
• Exceptional analytical and data management skills and capability, able to present persuasive arguments with data and identify opportunities for improvement;
• Very proficient in the use MS Applications specifically Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word;
• Experience in the use of MS project advantageous;
• Experience in leading or delivering operational business improvement, continuous improvement and process implementation and development;
• Evidence in delivering lean/ other business improvement methods and processes;
• Strong influencing and communication skills, with proven track record stakeholder relationship management;
• Excellent ability to prepare clear and concise documents;
• Calm and measured manner, able to work under pressure against demands and priorities using own initiative;
• Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and able to travel on occasion to other work locations.
• Reports to the Risk and Assurance Director.
Essential skills and experience:
• Facilities and Property Management;
• BT/ Telco experienced preferred;
• Business process mapping, improvement and testing;
• Business, data and system analysis and management;
• Root cause analysis;
• Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or similar.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.