CBRE Global Workplace Solutions ‘Local Facilities Management’ is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies. We are a Company that prides ourselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year-on-year.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Business Development Manager to join our UK Services division.
Purpose of the role
To develop and close new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers requirements without compromising our quality service within target market sectors.
1. To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Business Development Director and Divisional Managing Director.
2. To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
3. To identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities
4. Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
5. Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Business Development Managers.
6. Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
7. Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
8. Ensure that the BU Leader is fully aware of all activities. Liaise regularly with the Sales Director to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business to ensure compliance.
9. Ensure that appropriate sign-offs are adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
10. Maintain records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business.
11. Deal promptly and professionally with all pre-qualifications.
12. Support re-bids and variations for existing clients.
Good basic education.
Higher educational qualifications to HNC/D or degree would be beneficial.
Proven sales/business development experience from a relevant background
Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
Experience of dealing with a range of people including site staff, suppliers and customers.
Driven by targets and comfortable in a high-pressure sales environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
Must be able to influence others and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
Be self-sufficient: able to work on your own as well as in a team.
Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel if required.