Business Development Director
CBRE Data Center Solutions, the global leading provider of converged facilities and technology data center management are recruiting a Business Development Manager to join the team located in either London , Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam or Dublin.
Unlike many data center services providers, CBRE DCS offer our customers a full range of solutions covering the entire lifecycle of the data center and all disciplines required to ensure its safe and efficient operation; these services include traditional facilities management AND technology services such as remote hands, fit out, hardware maintenance and asset disposal.
Purpose of the role
To develop and close new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers’ requirements without compromising our quality service within CBRE’s target market sectors. To functionally support their allocated Business Development managers (BDMs) and to manage, train and develop any Sales or solutioning execs under their control.
- To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Group Sales Director and Divisional Managing Director.
- To identify, develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
- To identify and build a long term active pipeline for their team, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
- To functionally support any BDM’s assigned to them. Create PDP so as to ensure they have the appropriate training and development opportunities to fulfil their role and are given the support to allow them to be successful.
- Manage and develop the Sales Executive, Create PDP so as to ensure they have the appropriate training and development opportunities to fulfil their role and are given the experiences to allow them to be successful.
- Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of all sales reporting.
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Group Sales Director. Ensuring at all times that the Knowledge Base contains the highest quality and most up to date examples of “what good looks like”.
- Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
- Ensure that the BU Leader is fully aware of all activities. Attend monthly sale reviews with the Group Sales Director to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business opportunities to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that appropriate sign-offs are understood and adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
- Maintain the relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business utilising the Knowledge Base
- Attend and take an active part in all divisional board meetings and MMM’s
- Read all tenders and PQQ documents before issue, so as to ensure the quality and commerciality of our proposals.
- Successfully complete the ILM Accelerate and Tomorrows Leaders programs.
- Take full ownership of all re-bids within their division.
· Higher educational qualifications degree would be beneficial.
· A minimum of five years proven sales/business development experience from a relevant solutions background – whether technology services or facilities management
· Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
· Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
· Experience of dealing with a range of people including site staff, suppliers and customers.
· Driven by targets and comfortable in a high pressure sales environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach. #GWSEMEA