Building Systems Engineer
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 23-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for delivery of high quality BMS systems across our customer’s UK and EU facilities. The Building Systems Engineer is responsible for the closeout, handover and development of enterprise-level BMS systems on new-construction and retrofit projects helping to ensure that project deadlines are met and services delivered to the highest possible standard.
This Role can be based in the following EU countries – UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain
The role of Building Systems Engineer is as follows:
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Work with diverse stakeholders to implement, manage, and develop the Worldwide Building Automation System. This role will be considered the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regards to the BAS
- Carry out complete functional testing of BMS graphics and coordinate corrective actions with CBRE|ESI engineering team
- Implement strategies and processes to drive ongoing system commissioning in order to reduce the customer’s energy consumption and building operational costs
- Act as technical support for site teams and other BMS users
- Cooperate with the CBRE Program Manager and regional CBRE Project Managers to ensure successful, high-quality project outcomes
- Manage 3rd party BMS vendor queries during project delivery, BMS commissioning and project handover
- Provide regular, remote training opportunities for BMS users
- Align, track and drive projects. This includes defining common stage gates and driving the implementation of a portfolio of projects. Physical Infrastructure, Planning and Scheduling with 3rd party vendors, Project monitoring and reporting, change management, coordinating with Vendors, Operations, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR etc.
- Manage key vendors relationships and service providers related to project work
- Manage blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and meet committed delivery timelines
- Document and present strategies and periodic updates to internal and external audiences
- Develop and implement consistent and repeatable processes for new implementations
- Participate in business re-engineering activities to support acceptance, implementation and increase effectiveness for the customer. This includes working with several project teams across the globe.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Serve as liaison between on-site Project Managers, technical teams, account leadership, and client contacts.
- Support Client’s wider sustainability and corporate social responsibility objectives
- Must be willing to travel abroad
- Innovative & keen to always be learning new things.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Skilled in gaining customer confidence.
- Enjoy what they do & contribute to a fun exciting environment.
- Find ways to express statistics creatively & beyond just excel graphs.
- Have a passion for energy & sustainability.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Proven work history aligned with our CBRE values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence.
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in BMS or Building Services role
- Experience of Tridium, Trend, Siemens BMS platforms, equipment and engineering preferred
- Experience of project management would be beneficial
- Experience of energy and utility metering and use of energy data
- Energy efficiency auditing experience beneficial
- Demonstrable management skills, with ability to manage multiple complex work-streams and clients
- Delivers work efficiently and to time
- Ability to manage budgets
- Deep understanding of mechanical, HVAC and electrical building systems, with particular expertise in building automation systems, intelligent building systems.
- Problem solving ability in implementation of QAQC processes, energy conservation projects, recommissioning and M&V
- Project management and budget management skills
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Communication & Strategic Skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; needs to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as be detail oriented; strong leadership/management, verbal and written communication, negotiating and presentation skills
- Exceptional report writing skills with ability to communicate technical issues effectively
- Ability to research, analyze and form conclusions on complex issues
- Presents compelling arguments to support clients’ decision making
- Ability to coach & support colleagues
- Fluent English
- Does not directly supervise staff but provides leadership to program teams. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values