This is a building surveying opportunity for a position at experienced graduate (sitting APC), Surveyor or Senior Surveyor level; the role would suit a RICS Qualified Surveyor with up to 2-3 years post qualification experience. The position sits within a team of 9 professionals (5 Building Surveyors, 2 Project Managers and 2 M&E Engineers) and 1 support staff in CBRE’s Bristol office. The CBRE Bristol office consists of 50 professionals providing the full spectrum of commercial real estate advice.
The successful candidate will be undertaking professional and project work for a combination of private investment companies, institutions and corporate clients.
Practice areas that are expected of the candidate include building surveys for investment transactions and occupation purposes, dilapidations (landlord and tenant), contract administration, refurbishment works and maintenance advice (PPM), development monitoring on behalf of Funders / Banks, and some project management work.
The successful candidate would be expected to undertake business development activities and bring in an element of their own work. Strong networking and inter-personal skills are essential.Key Responsibilities
To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional and contract building surveying within the Bristol Building Consultancy team through the completion of a range of typical building surveying instructions:
- Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time;
- Deliver instructions from inception to completion to meet the instruction objectives in accordance with client requirements;
- Assist in the management of junior colleagues / Graduates and provide support and guidance as necessary;
- Positively contribute to the department’s business plan and to assist in achieving its objectives;
- Undertake business development activities to identify and win work for oneself and other team members;
- Instructions to include but are not restricted to:-
- Building surveys for investment or occupational purposes;
- Contract Administration;
- Preparation of specifications and schedules of work;
- Drafting of Standard Contract forms;
- Collating project documentation;
- Defect analysis;
- Preparation of Schedule of Dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of Landlord & Tenant;
- Works in conjunction with the Party Wall etc Act;
- Development and Project Monitoring role for investors, occupiers and institutions;
- Project Management of new build, refurbishment and fit out projects;
- Preparing Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
- Comply with CBRE’s policies and management system;
- Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures.
- Ideally MRICS qualified with post qualification experience;
- High appreciation of professional and project based building surveying matters;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues;
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project;
- Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen;
- Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
- Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are completed within an agreed time frame;
- Provide concise and clear written communication;
- Understand the local and wider property market and CBRE’s services;
- Able to undertake business development activities;
- Understand and apply all CBRE procedures relating to work activities;
- Able to plan and manage own workload;
- Able to delegate whilst maintaining accountability and ensuring delivery;
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project; and
- Clean driving license.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Accurate and excellent attention to detail;
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team;
- Confident and assertive where required;
- Sociable and outgoing;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Good role model for junior members of the team
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion;
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.