Job Title: Building Manager
Reports to: Senior Facilities Manager
Role Purpose: Manage the day to day operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, legislative requirements, budgetary costs and client/tenant requirements in line with the required customer service criteria and key performance indicators.
- Preparation, control and monitoring of the service charge budget in accordance with the client’s budgetary agreement and the time scales set by the business, in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager.
- To prepare management reports in accordance with the needs of the business
- To be responsible for all health and safety compliance. This includes ensuring that all health and safety audits, fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the laid down requirements, the emergency plan and related site maps are continually update and that Meridian (Health and Safety tool) is regularly updated etc.
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance compliance onsite with regards to both public and statutory bodies as applicable.
- Ensure a Crisis Management plan is in place that this is reviewed and tested annually.
- To assist with the compilation of external contracts in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager and the Procurement Department. This includes ensuring all procurement needs are carried out in line with company policy.
- To compile and maintain all required management information and records relating to the site. This includes asset register, emergency plans, plant testing, etc.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate.
- Any other duties as in accordance with the needs of the business.
Customer Service and Quality
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes ensuring the agreed planned maintenance programme is carried out in accordance with the laid sown timetables and monitoring FM works on site including the required liaison with service providers and/or contractors.
- To further development and maintain excellent occupier relationships, ensuring that they receive the highest standards of service in relation to their operational needs and attend tenant meetings.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors to ensure the required standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement.
- People Management
- Direct line management responsibility of on-site CBREMS personnel. This includes ensuring that all personnel are trained in accordance with the requirements of their role.
- Carrying out regular performance reviews including annual appraisals and the setting of objectives.
- Ensure all appraisals are carried out in accordance with the required standard and company time table. This includes the setting and reviewing of SMART “value added” objectives and regular performance reviews.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements.
- Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements,
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience of industry specific IT applications.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment.
- IOSH qualification
- BIFM qualification desirable
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
The Company reserves the right to review and update the duties and responsibilities of your job role, appropriately, in line with the needs of the business.