CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a BMS Engineer to join the team located in London.
• Control and responsibility of BMS systems and maintenance
• Work alongside shift team to meet the client needs
• Workload planning and daily scheduling to ensure all required work is carried out in a timely, controlled and safe manner
• Ensure Client work orders are completed in a timely manner and liaison with admin department to ensure timely close out on REALM
• Ensure scenario training of site SOP’s and EOP’s is completed and understood on an annual basis
• Assist with the preparation of client required extra works quotations
• Liaise with site and client management during any emergency operations or procedures whilst being part of site out of hours emergency support contact team
• Surveillance of BMS systems, understand operating parameters and set points
• Ensure close working relationship with Critical Service shift Managers and day teams
• Ensure full disclosure / acceptance of critical service information at shift handover
• Provision of Safe operational programme documentation
• Early detection of problems ensuring correct escalation process is followed
• Ensure high quality delivery of PPM and reactive works to meet SLA
• Manage contractors to ensure work is carried out both professionally and safely
• Ensure that the work has been carried out to spec and that snags and observations are recorded
• Effective monitoring and targeting of energy consumption
• Energy Audit Report and Intelligent reporting – Comprehensive reporting
• Control of internal comfort conditions
• Alarm management and integrated security solutions including System Security, Passwords, Levels and Updates
• Training on system operations and functionality and improved plant reliability and life
• A good general education is required with recognised technical BMS qualification and/or experience
• Substantial intermediate experience working within M&E building maintenance and in a Data Centre / Critical Environment
• Demonstrate experience & understanding of current Health & Safety always exhibiting an awareness of safety procedures and practices
• Demonstrate management experience of working in Blue Chip Environment
• Numerate & literate with good verbal communication skills
• Show diligence in safe working both for themselves and occupants of the premises
• Self-motivated with a high level of personal integrity with ability to work well both in a team and alone
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high-pressure environments
• Courteous and presentable as the role is both front and back of house with exposure to the client at all levels
• A reasonable level of physical fitness will be required as the job entails manual handling both within and between buildings
• Incumbents must be flexible regarding working hours
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.