Primary Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for managing the full range of matters related to compliance, governance, risk, investigations, and compliance training.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish and monitor the regulatory compliance program, e.g. Anti-corruption, Anti-money Laundering, Personal Data Protection, Document Retention etc.;
• Lead and conduct periodic Anti-Corruption Monitoring Activities;
• Verify the Proper Completion of the FCPA Certification Quarterly;
• Execute periodic compliance audit program;
• Initiate and drive Compliance Review Board meetings with local management team;
• Initiate and support policy developments and enhancement;
• Keep key stakeholders updated on regulatory requirements or changes and ensure compliance;
• Prepare monthly Compliance Reporting;
• Promote compliance culture and risk awareness across different levels of staff and to promote an open environment for raising concerns;
• Drive best practices, operational excellence and process improvements;
2. Risk Identification, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on a broad range of risks that are or may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans;
• Drive the Annual Risk Assessment program and policies towards ensuring that risks and potential red flags are assessed and managed to an acceptable risk level;
• Lead and manage investigations in accordance with the Company’s Investigations Policy.
• Write investigation reports, provide guidance to stakeholders concerned in regard to the follow-up actions, and monitor the closure of follow-up actions.
4. Merger and Acquisition (M&A)
• Manage Compliance Due Diligence for M&A activities.
• Manage post-acquisition compliance integration activities including, but not limited to, training, policies and procedures, and relevant monitoring programs.
5. Training and Education
• Conduct new employee orientation trainings on the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption and other compliance related topics;
• Prepare relevant trainings materials as required;
• Develop an annual compliance training calendar in line with Annual Compliance Risk Profile;
• Partner with local HR to ensure timely completion of the compliance training by all employees in China;
• Other projects and tasks as required from time to time;
Key Skills and Competencies
• Solid understanding of FCPA, Anti-corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer Due Diligence, Data Privacy issues and other regulatory requirements;
• Hand on experience in audit, investigation, training, policy development and process improvement;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Mandarin;
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and report writing skills;
• Attention to details;
• Understanding of local labour laws and experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
• Fraud, Forensic or Internal Audit experience in big 4 audit firms or multinational companies. Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.