Ast Engineer/Engineer Facilities-Autocad & HVAC
Penang , Malaysia
Date published: 7-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
About CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions:
- Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE which supports occupier clients of all sizes, through facilities management, project management, advisory and transaction services. As our client, you benefit from property solutions that reduce cost and risk, better manage your space and improve productivity.
Purpose of the role:
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
Calling out to Northern Region's candidates, We Want You To Join Us!
What to expect on the role:
- Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
To be eligible for the role:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair.
- Applicants from Project HVAC background most welcome to apply!
- Compulsory to have exposure in 3D virtual/Autocad office tools due to the need to run project -office re-lay out , move & changes
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply!, hands on in FM/Air-conditioning
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Nice to have:Personally involve in SOP (Standard Operating Procedure); in either creation or updating of the document or checklist.
- Nice to have: direct involvement in ISO14K/9K; he must be the one who attending to auditor, present the document/evident, execute/oversee the facility-related ISO programs or legal/compliance requirements related to facility i.e. permit for pressure vessel/lift.
- Having knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, experience in the closure of NCR (Non-conformance Record).
Location of work: Penang, Bayan Lepas : Manufacturing