London , United Kingdom
Date published: 21-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is responsibility for project management services within an assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives. Key project delivery focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
Market, program or client account segment leader under supervision of Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for financial performance of market, program, and client accounts including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting. Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control, staffing (including allocation, if applicable) and full P&L to EBITDA before all allocations.
- Interacts regularly with client(s) to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
- Manages and leads project management staff in the market and ensures thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures. Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Directs all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
- Develops new business growth and maintains existing business relationships. Responsible for business pursuits, integration with other CBRE business lines, and cross-selling our CBRE business in the assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
- Exhibits a complete understanding of company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for client and company.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- Participates in civic and business organizations. Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviours that are consistent with the company's values.
- Required experience directly managing work group or leading 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger, more experienced team).
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/Bang/BArch) required from College or University.
- Minimum of 10 years of related progressive experience and/or training.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) preferred if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret the complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive issues.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.