CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Transaction Manager, Associate Director
The EMEA Transaction Management team is responsible for developing property strategy and overseeing the execution of transactions across EMEA for either one large, dedicated client or a number of clients with smaller transaction requirements. Each Transaction Manager’s role will vary depending on whether it is based on a dedicated client account or a varied portfolio, the level of seniority required will vary dependent on the needs of the client but will follow those set out in the competency matrix. Individual annual or specific project objectives are clearly set out for each client.
• Using a range of financial models and critical date information develop a portfolio analysis that will identify opportunities and risks. Provide advice to the client and their options and how best to achieve their objectives. Working with CBRE and the client’s approval process and implement the agreed transaction strategies
• Project initiation and business case development
• Coordination of field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposal of surplus space by way of assignment, subletting, surrender or sale in the case of owned assets
• Maintain strong relationships with Alliance Directors/Account Leads, field brokers and internal CBRE teams to facilitate transactions and up/cross selling of other CBRE services
• Collation of comparable evidence, preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value
• Develop and enhancing client relationships by the achievement of client’s Key Performance Indictors (KPIs), regular client meetings, use of market knowledge / best practice sharing, and demonstrating value add ( using various measures including fee to value ratios).
• Operate within CBRE’s and the client’s behavioural and procedural guidelines, including the use of systems e.g. OPUS.
• Technical & Operational
Owns responsibility for technical and/or service delivery for a small account OR is service line 'No 2' on a large account; owns and manages specific client relationships, manages people and handles contractual issues, handles all but the most sensitive issues with the client or third parties. Can lead project analytics as part of a core programme
• Client & Commercial Knowledge
Is accountable to client at an account or service line level; managing the process of delivery of relevant aspects of the service. Has a detailed understanding of the contractual frameworks; contributes to negotiations. Develops plans to drive implementation of client strategy. Can lead a client meeting and is capable of conflict resolution
• Company Knowledge
Deep understanding of TAP division at a local level with a thorough knowledge of how the wider business interacts with the various business lines; uses understanding of markets and anomalies to benefit internal network, networking is focussed on individual, team and client needs
• Business Development
Provides value add to clients by really understanding client needs and identifying solutions which provide additional revenue for TAP; may have individual revenue growth or new revenue targets, actively contributes/inputs to larger scale business development activity
• Reputation & Profile
Recognised as having a relevant professional opinion within the TAP division and beyond; communicates effectively and with confidence and actively seeks opportunities for personal development and building external/internal profile
Proactively shares knowledge across the business; always recognises contributions from others; communicates and develops opportunities to benefit TAP and the wider business. Leads cross-account collaboration and teamworking
• Management, Leadership & Development
Line manages team members, proactively manages performance issues to resolution, provides leadership and support from both technical and 'soft skills’ perspectives, identifies career development opportunities for self and others, takes responsibility for own career plan and development; builds teams taking account of both client requirements and team development opportunities.
• Business Planning
For smaller accounts or for part of a larger account, assists in the process of developing account and client budget/plans, contributes to the development of client/ service line strategies and plans. Reviews account plans regularly and involves team members as appropriate in planning and implementation. Plans work and team resources to best meet client priorities, deliver operational performance and maximise profitability
• Business Management
Challenges the status quo and encourages others to also do so; manages resources for their client / service line and delegates to maximise profitability and develop team members; identify resourcing needs and actively participate in recruitment; high level awareness of property finance in order to escalate issues. Able to undertake P&L and cashflow comparisons
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.