CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Transaction Manager, Associate Director
The Real Estate Strategy & Portfolio Management department develops and leads the Corporate Real Estate Portfolio in EMEA. The EMEA portfolio covers approximately 103 leases across 22 countries
• Development of effective, cost efficient real estate strategies particularly for UK and Ireland portfolio, interfacing extensively with stakeholder and functional partners across the respective Business Divisions
• Clear and efficient management of the entire real estate transaction lifecycle, from initial brief through to lease execution and subsequent lease administration, reporting and data management ensuring a strong auditable process
• Engagement with functional partners (Capital Projects, Facilitates Management & Infrastructure (Engineering), IT, Business Continuity Management, Security, Tax, Legal and Finance) in order to ensure full "buy-in" and effective governance
• Build positive relationships with key external partners (Landlords, external Real Estate Service Providers, Lawyers (mostly external), Sourcing and other Third Party professionals)
• Coordinate with Finance Group in regard to financial analysis and subsequent development of Business Cases for eventual approvals
• Review of occupancy costs including annual budgets, forecasts and monthly reporting
• Delivery against Departmental and Firm-wide cost reduction targets
• Supporting the formulation, reporting and delivery of KPIs / Metrics, standardisation of service delivery / documentation globally
• Full compliance with Regulatory and Firm wide controls and processes
• Proven record across EMEA in executing transactions, balancing the interests of multiple partners to create a bank wide positive outcome.
• Understanding the value of Real Estate negotiations in achieving efficient outcomes, whilst still providing flexibility, operational control and risk mitigation
• Strong evidence of building and developing relationships globally
• Ability to influence at a senior level and help set and develop real estate strategy
• Creation of Business Cases and adhering to process controls and internal governance
• RICS qualified (or equivalent experience) with work experience preferably in Transaction Management
• Financial acumen and the ability to understand the P&L effect of numerous options
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and organisational skills along with ability to multi-task
• Capability to be an effective influencer and drive execution within a team that doesn’t have reporting lines to you
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills essential
• Prior experience working with a financial institution would be a plus!
• Hardworking and ambitious individual with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.