Shanghai , Mainland China
Date published: 12-Jun-2020
The Project Delivery Manager is responsible for the delivery of Client Site Capital Projects Across Greater China and surrounding International Geographies. Operating within an industry outsourcing model, where the dedicated team works directly with competitors to leverage industry best in class delivery. Accountable for overall success of delivery of multiple projects (from inception to initial occupancy).
As part of the Project Deliver Team, the Project Delivery Manager overseas projects within campus in support of Client’s business goals and objectives. Typically provides program planning, budgeting, and assessment, develops and implements work scope while adhering to operational policies and procedures for the assigned program. Key responsibilities are set out below:
• Responsible for managing project management partners on projects and aligning success of partners with the Integrator success.
• Responsible for the creation and/or co-development of the Pre Project Expenditure Request (Pre-PER) and subsequent Project Expenditure (PER) Requests. Including client brief, construction budgeting & schedule.
• Responsible for overall delivery of project including oversight and management accountability for the delivery of project scope, schedule, and budget in accordance with approved PERs.
• Responsible for procurement of project management partners.
• Responsible for oversight of project management partners during construction phase including change management to ensure impact to end users is minimised.
• Contribute to preparation of information during reporting cycles (pipeline planning, cash flow forecasts, capital council submission and capital project list etc).
• Promote efficient and consistent client communication.
• Provide onboarding for project delivery to partners and ensuring design standards are applied by PM firms.
• Provide oversight for Change Management activities on projects.
• Interface with CBRE Strategy, TM, Finance and Lease Admin teams.
• Assist Strategy and Transaction teams with preparation of budget and schedules for projects during planning and funding phases.
• Assist with performance management of project management partners.
• Ensure that global best practice is adopted by project management partners on all projects regardless of location.
• Develop and maintain open communication with key stakeholders across Client, CBRE, Project Management Partners and all other vendors.
• Coordinate and prepare various reports and presentations as required.
• Coordinate and manage project close out processes.
• Conduct Monthly cashflow forecasting accuracy analysis.
• When required support client audit data requests.
• Undertake deep dive reviews where necessary to optimise costs and ensure they reflect project scope, market conditions and represent value for money where necessary.
• Assist in driving value engineering workshops where necessary.
• Drive procurement strategy, support and project delivery routes with the project and client team.
Key Requirements / Essential Experience
• Articulate, professional person.
• A team player that interacts effectively with colleagues and clients.Ability to work proactively and independently and to coordinate multiple resources on multiple projects across a large geographical area.
• Ability to learn new tasks, systems and skills quickly.
• Excellent client relationship skills.
• Experience of working in multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and experienced in dealing with people of all levels.
• Ability to prioritise workload with an attention to detail and willingness to complete projects.
• Ability to accurately record the details of a projects finances and reporting.
• Proactive and positive attitude with a calm and methodical approach to work.
• A degree in Construction / Architecture or Real Estate related is preferred.
• Holding a Professional membership such as MRICS, MHKIS, MHKIE, MCIOB, MCIBSE or equivalent.
• Minimum of seven to eight years’ experience in the management of building construction consultancy.Intermediate to advanced level in Client Office and client Project applications.
• Intermediate experience with one of the following applications Procore, WorkFlowMax and Primavera.
Other / Specialist
• Work closely with regional lead to develop master plan strategy, planning tools and delivery framework.
• Lead the implementation of best practice, develop improved processes for increased governance, production of standardised templates such as cost report, site analysis etc. for use across the region and evolve the programme management approach by bringing continuous improvement.
• Enhance value, continue to drive an excellent relationship with the client, ensure reputational growth through application of effective programme management, demonstrate value add and drive continuous improvements.