Associate Director - Facade Consultancy
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 6-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE is the only Real Estate advisor in the UK with an in-house Façade Consultancy team. The Façade Consultancy team is a “niche within a niche” specialist service line of leading experts who provide superior, commercially aware technical advice which is valued as the best in the market.
We are looking for an Associate Director to join the team and contribute to our ambitious growth plans. The successful candidate will be motivated, passionate and a highly skilled professional with extensive experience in the industry, very good Client relations and an established name in the industry. We are also looking for a highly enthusiastic and driven individual, with a desire to exceed basic requirements and inspire others in the team to follow your lead.Requirements
- Provide strategic advice on a wide range of façade-related aspects to a large spectrum of Clients.
- Contribute to the development of team business plans and tactics to increase income
- Identify and secure 5-6 figure contracts, thus meeting individual and team targets
- Contribute to growing the pipeline
- Contribute to developing brand awareness for CBRE’s façade consultancy team by delivering tailored internal and external presentations and pitches
- Carry out QA/QC of internal reports and written output prepared by the team
- Mentor and manage junior team members and provide constructive feedback
- Attend relevant networking events, internal and external
- Adhere to CBRE's equality and diversity policy
Skills and knowledge required
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience with facades/curtain walling, stone cladding, glass and associated materials
- Façade design principles and performance requirements
- In depth knowledge of building construction – both traditional and modern methods
- Expert knowledge of all façade systems
- Report writing and familiar with UK façade industry terminology
- Conversant with all mainstream cladding materials and their finishes in various applications, both in the UK and Europe.
- Very good experience in specification writing and review
- Conversant with British, European and other international standards
- Experience with undertaking inspections of existing buildings or building sites
- Experience with working and managing more than one project at a time and dealing with more than one Client concurrently.
- Experience in interacting with various professionals involved in the building industry
- Strong commercial understanding of fees and budgets
- Experience with performance of materials once installed and ability to recognize material performance
- Installation of facades and curtain walls
- Experience with inspections and condition surveys of old and new facades – ability to easily recognize façade systems, materials, finishes, components etc. from a visual, non-intrusive inspection.
- Very good report writing sills using UK façade industry standard terminology
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of setting budgets and financial awareness
- Very good presentation skills.
- Very good social skills and a good team-worker, with the ability to work independently when required
- Highly skilled in preparing QA/QC reports
- Experience with Planned Preventive Maintenance plans
- Knowledge of façade materials, finishes and their uses
- Commercially literate to provide fee proposals and budget costs
- Industry knowledge of main players and supply chain (UK and Europe)
- Knowledge of procurement routes in the industry and global implications of using varied components in a modern façade
- Façade testing methods – on / off site and material testing. Knowledge of testing centres in the UK and Europe
- Ability to work at heights and in specialist access equipment, including but not limited to Building Maintenance Units (cradles)
- Knowledge of CAD software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Projects is an advantage.
- Expert Witness and legal representations
- Preference for structural/mechanical engineering or similar background
- Possession of an MSc degree in Facade Engineering or equivalent institutional qualification
- Experience in managing small teams of people
- Proficient in Social Media (linked in, twitter, blogs etc.) and ready to contribute via this medium on a regular basis
- Availability to travel (sometimes at short notice), mainly in the UK but also abroad.
- Access to a good network of clients
- Prepare articles and opinion pieces in relevant industry publications
- Other languages (spoken or written)
- Driving licence