Associate Director/Director, Transaction Management
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 2-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
A unique and exciting opportunity to lead a team of Transaction Management (TM) professionals to manage a large and diverse portfolio of client-owned and leased real estate. This is a role with a high degree of autonomy, serving as the client’s Single Point of Contact for ensuring that the team supports the client in meeting specific organizational goals at a regional level and for the smooth running of the account.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A senior role acting as the client’s Single Point of Contact and managing all TM activities across their APAC portfolio in accordance with the CBRE/Client Master Services Agreement (MSA).
- Have a good understanding of the client’s business, company objectives and regional priorities and help translate those into specific goals for the TM team.
- Constantly develop and maintain effective client stakeholders' relationships.
- Work closely with the client in internal stakeholder management and provide support in meeting internal reporting requirements.
- Have a view on the overall portfolio and proactively identify, develop and execute Portfolio optimization initiatives outside the critical dates management at a country/ business level.
- Be able to present proposed strategies through business cases for stakeholder approval and take a leadership role in implementing such strategies through CBRE and/or other client partners (acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, rent-reviews, etc)
- Overall responsibility for the annual program for all TM activity (acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, rent-reviews, etc) in accordance with the MSA / annual KPI requirements.
- Responsible for overall end to end delivery of CBRE TM model across the regional portfolio, manage transaction timelines in consultation with other workstreams such as workplace and capital projects team
- Ensuring that the team adheres to the client’s quality processes and compliance protocols and implement agreed related corrective actions, where required.
- Drive consistency and process improvements to achieve added value and efficiency across the region.
- Drive the spirit of collaboration on the account with other CBRE business lines, and/or other client partners and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Budgetary responsibility – accurate reporting of forecasted and actuals for annual CBRE revenue and costs related to the account.
- Endeavor to improve service delivery through such feedback. Establish and deepen the client relationship through engagement and the introduction of wider CBRE services and products where appropriate.
- Ensure the client is kept abreast of general market norms/ upcoming trends in regions they are operating within, through regular knowledge sharing sessions.
- Potential opportunities of secondment into client organization.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to possess the following:
- Have strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to prioritize, delegate effectively, multi-task and a sense of humor to remain calm under pressure.
- Be driven to meet established operational and financial performance targets with commercial acumen to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Ability to take critical feedback and convert it into constructive feedback for self and the team and the ability to continuously develop yourself, individuals and team personnel resources.
- Strong financial and analytical bent of mind to be able to review/ perform financial analysis (e.g. P&L, cashflows of the account and transactions) and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to review real estate contracts, complex business documents and prepare business cases/ approval notes for client leadership approval, as well as experience in conducting analysis/due diligence in terms of contract negotiation.
- Analytical with significant experience in strategy and change management
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Have a collaborative approach with the account team, client and wider CBRE organization to achieve outstanding client outcomes.
- Have strong Communication (verbal & written) and Negotiation skills, be diplomatic but assertive and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Awareness and knowledge of other services and associated impact on real estate portfolio and transactions.
- Be sensitive to cross-cultural exposures and environments.
- Degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant corporate real estate experience including portfolio management and portfolio strategy & transformation. Those with lesser years of experience will be considered for a Senior Manager role
- Title (SM/AD/D) will commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Regional exposure to commercial real estate and Multi-National Clients preferred.