CBRE is investing heavily in its development offering in the UK, with a team of over 100 development experts spanning planning, land transactions, development funding and investment, development consultancy, and finally, analytics and design.
The Residential Design and Analytics team are now well established and rapidly growing. We specialise in advising clients in residential investment / income sectors, namely Build to Rent, CoLiving, Affordable etc, as well as other broader disciplines such as placemaking. We advise both investors and developers on their long-term strategy, and help them execute their strategies alongside our development colleagues.
We pride ourselves on providing clients with robust, in-depth and authoritative market intelligence and are currently leading thinkers within the rapidly evolving BtR and Co-Living space.
We are now looking to recruit analysts into the team. Initially, this is at an Associate Director / Director level, but would be interested in seeing any other suitable applicants, given our growth ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our wholly unique and growing Design and Analytics Team. The successful candidate will be working with clients who are looking to develop and / or invest in resi income (Build to Rent, Co-Living etc) accommodation in the UK. The individual will work alongside our in-house architect, financial modellers and funding brokers, to help inform clients on how, where and what to develop in relation to BtR accommodation. The individual will provide the invaluable research to help inform and support these decisions.
The role is largely research-based; the individual will be required to extensively gather data, organise and analyse the data, and then present the findings to clients. This will either be via written reports or verbal presentations to clients. This individual will need to be comfortable with using their initiative in this space, particularly given the fact that the BtR and Co-Living markets in the UK are still very much in their infancy, hence there is a lack of data transparency and availability. Although this may be a disadvantage to many researchers, this is also an opportunity for the team to differentiate itself, by way of its original and proactive thinking. The successful candidate will want to be a part of that process; of improving our market insight in the BtR market, and thus our overall offer.
For this role, it is essential to be comfortable with data analysis and report writing. However, there is also a significant opportunity to take on a more client facing role, and manage instructions and relationships autonomously. Indeed, this would be preferable.
Again, this is a wholly unique team and role, in a rapidly emerging sector, so is a very exciting opportunity.
• Collating and analysing data on the macro market for our internal database and broader reporting / presenting, but also at a micro level for specific development projects.
• Managing client projects from original pitch and proposal writing, to carrying out the studies in a timely but comprehensive manner, and then reporting back to clients. This is typically both via written report and in-person.
• Contributing towards the team’s thought leadership agenda, by way of ideas, original research, etc.
The qualifications, skills and experience required for this position are:
• Substantial research and analytical experience within real estate, preferably residential.
• Proficiency in data collection, manipulation and analysis, drawing relevant and robust conclusions. Good numeracy and written skills.
• Can work independently and has the ability to manage own workload to deadlines. Can work both autonomously and in a team environment, and lead projects / client relationships.