Job Title: Associate Director –Affordable Housing Valuation
Role Purpose: To play a key part within the affordable housing and residential valuation and advisory team, and in giving market leading advice to housing associations, institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, and more. The candidate will primarily providing formal valuation advice to a range of developers, registered providers, funders and investors participating in the affordable housing sector.
CBRE’sAffordable Housing valuation offering has rapidly grown to now include 8 specialist valuers. Sitting within the Residential Valuation and Advisory team, which is a dynamic group of 30+ staff that provides market leading advice to all of the above including; high/ultra-high net worth individuals, domestic and international banks and PLCs.
Reporting into a Senior Director, the role will be to assist a proactive, specialist team in providing valuations for loan security, investment and strategic advice to a broad range of clients in valuing assets across the residential sector. A key aspect will be to support the continued growth and expansion of the team.
We have nationwide coverage, with particular expertise in Central London and the South East. We provide valuations covering all residential assets including developments, strategic land, Private Rented Sector, Rent to Build, ground rents and high value single homes within Prime Central London. Our valuations are fully supported by a dedicated wider Residential team that offers a multi-disciplinary approach from sales and marketing, land agency, and planning, to market leading research.
Our recent high-profile Affordable Housing valuation instructions include:
• Sage – CBRE are panel valuers for Sage Housing. To date, we have provided valuation advice on more than 50 schemes for acquisition purposes across England;
• Peabody – valuation of a large s.106 opportunity in zone 2 London which Peabody were looking to acquire, and included 283 affordable units comprising both Shared Ownership and Affordable Rent accommodation
The team is looking to extend its capabilities with this appointment to provide market leading affordable valuation advice. This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to take a leading role in this advice and to help develop the business in the future.
- Close liaison with clients ensuring high quality advice is consistently delivered.
- Preparation of valuation of a broad range of asset types across the residential and affordable housing sector in the UK, including both development/S.106 sites andinvestment portfolios
- Preparation of valuation reports for a broad range of purposes including accounts, loan security and strategic advice.
- Working closely with senior team members on high profile instructions.
- Preparation of cashflows using Excel and Argus developer.
- To integrate with the wider CBRE residential network and other business lines such as Capital Markets and Funding, Development Agency, Planning and Building Consultancy.
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth in revenue
- MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable.
- Experience and expertise in Affordable Housing valuations.
- 3+ years’ post qualification experience (commercial or residential).
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Organised, focused and high attention to detail.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Passionate about the residential and affordable housing sectors.
- Affordable housing experience essential.
- Valid UK driving licence.