Associate, APAC Global SOX Assurance
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 19-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
In line with the continued growth and expansion of our business throughout Asia Pacific, we have an exciting opportunity for an APAC Global SOX Assurance Associate will be integral for the timely delivery of high-quality SOX program in accordance with professional standards and CBRE guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in day to day execution of the SOX program; this includes SOX walkthroughs, controls testing, deficiency evaluation and remediation tracking
- Document testing, prepare workpapers, respond to comments, and keep their supervisor/s updated on status
- Collaborate with process owners and control owners to plan and execute SOX engagements effectively
- Conduct interviews with business partners to ask engaging questions to quickly understand complex business environments and process flows, evaluate financial records, interpret policies and procedures, and apply professional accounting and auditing standards to assess risk and controls environment
- Successfully manage competing priorities to ensure on-time submission of quality deliverables within budgeted hours
- Understanding of GAAP, SOX, COSO, financial and IT risks and controls, and leading business practices
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, systems or related field
- 2+ years of SOX or external/internal audit experience with knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and audit procedures. Real estate experience preferred
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or related certification preferred
- Command of verbal and written English language skills combined with a second language (Malay, Mandarin, Japanese) is required
- Proficiency in Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook is required. Proficiency in audit workpaper software (e.g., AuditBoard) is a plus
- Flexibility to travel within the Asia Pacific region and execute SOX testing
- Strong project management experience
- Effective communication skills with the ability to hold discussions with all stakeholders
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.