Assistant Project Manager
Dublin , Ireland
Date published: 16-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Client Project Management team with the administration and tracking of construction projects from inception through completion plus taking ownership of small office modification / change projects in live buildings and office environments. The successful candidate will be a person aspiring to become an experience and established Senior Project Manager long term.
The role also requires supporting multi-disciplined real estate projects for the client, with input on project delivery, ensuring it aligns with client requirements and design standards.
- Assist the project team on all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Administration of the Clients project documentation and file management system.
- Maintain the project programmes and reporting tools, ensuring all information is collated, up to date and accurate.
- Reading, understanding and applying standard documents affecting real estate construction projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, design standards, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Working directly with the clients Project Management Team, develop strong working relationships with the key project stakeholders including, Audio Visual, Security, Events, Finance, Legal, and Culinary teams.
Assist the PM with:
- Supporting project delivery resources/team to achieve project goals.
- Administering communication plans for meetings and completing written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Adhering to the client’s project documentation structure in order to ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracking of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Reporting on project status and progress.
- Recording of project risks and updating risk registers.
- Project closeout process, including collation of O&M’s.
- Other duties may be assigned as required to assist in the successful delivery of any project.
- Prior Project Management experience is preferred.
- Working towards a PM accreditation (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to the client and project teams.
- Ability to effectively present written and verbal information.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or groups of employees.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience or knowledge of Kahua project management software, or other Project Management Applications is desriarable and would be an advantage
- 1 to 2 years Construction or Project Management related experience and/or training.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Strong planning and decision-making ability to define and meet performance requirements
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong level of computer literacy and knowledge of key packages to produce reports, etc. –MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project. Knowledge or skills in Auto CAD would be an advantage.
- This person must be independent, flexible and creative to respond to clients and projects as they may occur.
- Some travel may be required for this role.