Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Assistant Project Manager
Our Assistant Project Manager takes responsibility for delivering a project workload within a designated region, ensuring that all works are delivered to the agreed time, cost and quality. You will be responsible for procurement, governance and management of project works as well as appropriate communications with building users and key contacts within P&FS.
You will also provide support to a variety of national projects and programmes in order for us to successfully deliver our project requirements on the BT account.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with the planning and manage scoping and delivery of project works across the designated region (and nationally where appropriate)
- Follow, adhere, implement and improve on required H&S and quality processes
- Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with every project
- Manage and enhance customer relationships to give customer confidence in the project service
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors and provide feedback on performance for future works
- Provide operational level reporting of projects and programs to ensure performance against agreed milestones
- To ensure CBRE policy and procedures are appropriate and implemented throughout the business
- Undertake contract administration including variations to contract, instructions and early warning notifications
- Report weekly and monthly reports on financial status and project progress
- Ability to produce detailed project documentation using Microsoft Office software packages
- Commercial understanding of the terms and conditions of engagement with the supply chain
- Review supplier performance, price submissions and negotiate to secure best possible deals
- Demonstrable ability to manage the delivery of projects to fixed cost and ensures value for money
- Assess, mitigate and report on the risks involved in delivery of projects
- Develop, maintain and improve effective client relationships
- Effective communications with clients and operational teams
- You must follow procedures and routines correctly to make sure that your work is in line with the environmental policy and supports the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Thorough working knowledge of project management and project delivery in the construction industry through significant job experience & training
- Project management, building services or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of supporting a wider team and be a committed team player
- Client facing skills
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, IT, security and plumbing installations
- Strong MS Excel skills, proven experience with large spreadsheet modelling/management
- Excellent IT skills, especially with Excel and database management, and be able to add value to the development or enhancement of these reporting systems
- Ability to demonstrate logical processes, with good analytical skills and judgment, along with initiative
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.