At CBRE, our people enjoy the flexibility of working in a global real estate and property services organization with tremendous scale. Every day you are empowered to be better and this is achieved through the platform and resources you have access to and the ability to work in an inclusive and collaborative environment where you will be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our employee journey starts with our RISE values—Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence. We are committed to building an engaged and productive workplace by ensuring that diversity, equality and inclusion (DE&I) are at the heart of what we do.
DE&I is a journey not a destination and, over the years, we have taken strides in bringing our inclusion visions to life.
• 50 percent of our Hong Kong Executive Committee are women.
• Our Young Leaders Committee gives a voice to high-calibre young employees who are championing positive change.
• The Inclusion Council Leadership Series is driving conversations around diversity and leadership at regular industry events
To facilitate business growth, we currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager in our Hong Kong office. The responsibilities of an Assistant Project Manager are to assist the CBRE Project Management Team to coordinate and manage the activity of Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers appointed in connection with office expansion, contraction and relocation projects.
Your main responsibilities include:
1) Plan the implementation of office fit out projects.
2) Provide day to day project management on a number of simultaneously executed projects or secondment to single project as required by Department Head.
3) Assist the CBRE Project Management in implementing the project management procedures consistently.
4) Review and report the progress of projects implementation to the team of CBRE Project Management.
5) Collect and review project metrics.
1) The Management of Project Scope
• Define the projects’ scope with the team of CBRE Project Management for the clients.
• Develop a work breakdown structure based on the scope of works.
• Identify variations to the scope of works and implement a change management process.
2) The Management of Project Costs
• Track expenditure and the cost of variations against the Plan.
• Reconcile actual expenditure with the Plan
3) The Management of the Project Programme
• Plan the implementation of all work required to deliver the project.
• Assist in monitoring, controlling and reporting project progress.
4) The Management of Project Quality
• Apply quality assurance procedures to the CBRE Project Management activities
• Monitor and report Consultants, Contractors & Suppliers conformance to design criteria, specifications, legislative requirements etc.
5) The Management of the CBRE Project Team
• Define the project organisation and maintain a project directory
• Define roles and responsibilities within the project team
• Set objectives and allocate work for the project team members
• Ensure efficient communication between project team members
• Ensure Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers apply sufficient resources to the project
6) The Procurement of Project Resources
• Tender or otherwise obtain quotations from Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers for each element of the works.
• Prepare tender reports and negotiate Contracts.
7) Contract Administration
• Ensuring that contracted parties execute their works in accordance with their respective Contracts.
• Assess, negotiate, obtain Employer approval and implement project variations and/or Contractors claims.
• Verify invoices submitted by Consultants, Contractors or Suppliers.
• A degree in Architecture, Building Services Engineering, Building Surveying, Facility Management and Project Management preferred
• Holder of Professional membership such as MRICS MHKIS MHKIE MCIOB MCIBSE or equivalent preferred
• Familiar with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project and a generally high level of computer literacy.
• Ability to work proactively and to coordinate multiple resources on multiple projects across a large geographical area.
• Experience of working in multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Cantonese. Fluent Mandarin is an advantage.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.