CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Assistant Chief Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be expected to familiarise him or herself with all aspects of administrative and engineering of the account’s occupied buildings in general with the responsibility to carry out efficient running of the critical and non-critical services and associated functions.
• Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender
• Ensure business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractor’s activities with regular review
• Manage optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balance cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence ensuring structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery
• Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams with effective succession planning arrangements in place
• Liaise with other Operational managers ensuring the collaborative development of the business, effective team working and providing support to colleagues
• Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth ensuring these are met/exceeded
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Maintain customer focus within all areas of operational activities and that effective relationship are maintained with key client contacts
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward
• Deliver effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team as appropriate
• Support the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts
• Provide a learning environment, appropriate training and development planning ensuring employees are fully competent to undertake their roles with ability to their full future potential
• Responsible for day to day supervision, operations and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plant services primarily PPM and reactive works
• Daily management of engineering team
• Direct, instruct and supervise all contractors as well as subcontractors, ensuring staff compliance with working practice
• Ensure the collection of the weekly building loads readings and carry out load assessments on UPS, HV/LV systems, reporting any major inconsistencies or abnormalities
• Ensure the shift log system is updated and complete and the subcontractor visits are logged, and any major incidents/problems are attended to
• Complete monthly and quarterly engineering report ensuring that significant events or activities or any areas of concerns are noted in the report
• Ensure that all matters impacting the smooth running of the building and its facilities are immediately reported to senior management through the complete escalation procedure
• Recognised apprenticeship, ONC / BTEC Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equal
• Proven experience and involvement business critical engineering systems
• Computer literacy is essential with experience of Microsoft Office or equivalent
• Must be a team player committed to working in a quality and professional environment whilst actively supporting other members of the account’s team
• Multiple years of experience in a related environment
• Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work own initiative and as part of a large account team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to change work pattern at short notice to meet the requirements of the client and building
• Become HV authorised person for buildings within the campus
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.