Assistant Building Manager, Retail (Sengkang)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 3-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Reporting to the Building Manager is the primary focus of this busy role on service quality to the retail occupants, whilst ensuring efficient maintenance and management of the Mall.
- General administration of all building trade, site staff relating to rostering of duties, discipline, control of performance standards and staff welfare.
- Planning and implementation of building maintenance programmes, and M & E plant and equipment maintenance programme.
- Liaison with government authorities/statutory boards, architects, engineers and other divisions on matters relating to management and maintenance of buildings.
- Constantly review contract specifications such as those of cleaning, security, landscaping etc. and make recommendations of upgrading standards.
- Conduct regular inspections of all common areas, equipment, public walkways, external facades.
- Creating and maintaining good rapport with tenants and attending to their complaints.
- Preparation of estimates for repair works, works specifications, invitations for quotations, recommendations of award, supervision of completed works including drafting of contract documents.
- Attending to all emergency situations. Constantly check the entire development to ensure prompt removal of all fire hazards, proper functioning of fire escapes, fire doors and obstruction-free access.
- Prepare minutes of all meetings, vet and submit recommendations where appropriate.
Skills & Experience required:
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Facilities) with minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar role, managing retail mall and has a sound knowledge of building M&E systems
- Strong attention to detail, and a responsive, proactive attitude.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.