CBRE Global Investors is the wholly owned independently managed, investment management affiliate of CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBG), the world’s leading real estate services firm. It has over $107 billion of real estate assets under management globally, on behalf of 595+ institutional investors and employs over 840 employees in 32 offices worldwide.
CBRE Global Investment Partners (CBRE GIP) is a division of CBRE Global Investors dedicated to investments with operating partners via funds, co-investments and joint ventures. GIP had equity AUM of US$29.7 billion as at 30 June 2019. Clients invest via separate accounts, many of which have a global remit, and pooled funds.
CBRE GIP has 90 staff operating globally across 6 offices - London (HQ), Amsterdam, Singapore, Boston, Tokyo and Sydney.
The candidate will be an Assistant Analyst within the CBRE GIP UK Investment/Portfolio Management team. The primary role will be to support members of the UK Investment/Portfolio Management team in managing client portfolios, monitoring investments and executing transactions.
The role is broad and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be involved in various activities for clients ranging from undertaking fund forecasts for existing investments, to preparing approval papers for new investment opportunities that will have a direct impact on the performance of client portfolios.
- Prepare client investment plans for discussion with senior team members, ensuring client portfolios are positioned in accordance with market views and within the mandate’s investment restrictions
- Assist with responses to client requests; prepare client presentations and produce quarterly client reports
- Track relevant data for client performance and investment performance
- Prepare forecast returns for invested funds for discussion. Attend meetings with fund managers; take active role in fund monitoring and prepare fund research notes
- Active participation in review of investment proposals; prepare materials necessary to support the approval of new investments
- Support the underwriting and due diligence of new investments, including the preparation of financial models
- Support UK Regional Head in sourcing and executing special projects
- Engagement with the respective regional and global portfolio management teams
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate under time pressure and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent financial modelling and database skills
- Prior work experience in a commercial real estate investment, finance, or research function is desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills