Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Area Facilities Manager (AFM)
The purpose of our area facilities manager is to own and manage a cluster of buildings, providing a clean, safe and effective working environment for our customers, visitors and colleagues – enabling them to be brilliant.
You have management and overall responsibility for your cluster in line with all quality, health and safety, environmental and company procedures related to general legislation and customer/tenant requirements. This includes adherence to all budgetary costs and customer service standards.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Act as a single point of contact for your allocated buildings, managing relationships with customers, suppliers and your team to deliver the target working environment
• Responsible for health and safety compliance onsite, including that of third party service providers and maintenance records. This includes ensuring that BT are regularly updated
• Preparation, control and monitoring of the service agreement in accordance with the BT contract and associated budgets
• Regular monitoring of the key performance indicators and taking remedial action as applicable to ensure the required standards are maintained, and continuously improved for the full range of buildings and services
• Compile and maintain all required management information/records. This includes asset register, emergency plans and all related records and management reports
• Lead a direct team including full line management of all colleagues within your cluster, encouraging a customer focused culture
• Further develop and maintain excellent customer/tenant relationships, ensuring that they receive the highest standards of service in relation to their operational needs, attending meetings as applicable
• Ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with health and safety requirements
• Liaise with local authorities as appropriate
• Proactively manage risk and deal with insurance issues relating to your cluster
• Manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved
• Produce management reports in accordance with the needs of the business
• Play a lead role in the management and control of incidents (e.g business continuity or environmental impact), owning timely and appropriate communication/escalation across customer and PFS business
• Develop an exceptional partnership with ISS and PFS colleagues to deliver and improve appropriate workplace environments collaboratively
• Work with the procurement department to ensure compilation of external contracts
• Work with the CFU, waste champions and yard marshalls, to comply with the CBRE and BT waste management policy
• Be available and on call outside normal working hours, to manage incidents and escalations across the estate
• Previous facilities management experience, this includes line management responsibility and contractor management
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• High degree and knowledge reference of Health and Safety legislation, environmental protection requirements and ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
• The ability to understand complex problems and make recommendations whilst remaining calm under pressure
• Able to demonstrate an empowering and inspiring leadership style
• Strong commercial acumen is essential, and experience of managing a P&L is preferable
• Analytical skills, competent in performance management – analysis and reporting techniques
• BIFM qualification desirable
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.