Key roles and responsibilities of the Valuer / Senior Valuer of Valuation Department are:
I. To execute property valuation and equity valuation assignments, project feasibility studies and other consulting work for a wide range of clients, including private and public companies for a wide variety of purposes, and to take responsibility for the accuracy and quality of such assignments.
II. To assist the Line Managers in their execution of valuation/consulting assignments, and to assist the directors in the quality control of such assignments.
III. To assist the directors with the setting up and updating of filing and database systems of the Department.
IV. To carry out any other assignments as directed by your directors or the Senior Management.
1) To execute valuation, feasibility studies and other consultancy assignments independently or jointly with other members of the Department. To assist Department managers in the execution of such assignments in a timely and accurate manner. Based on guidance and instructions from your directors, you should carry out the valuation procedures, conduct inspections and market study, proceed the modelling, prepare the valuation reports and attend all meetings and court hearings.
2) Having prepared a valuation report, you are responsible for answering any questions from the client concerned as to the veracity of the comparables and the methodology used in arriving at the conclusions or opinions on values, and to justify those conclusions and opinions.
3) To collate and analyse, in a proper and timely manner, property market data and such other information as necessary for carrying out valuation/consultancy assignments. This task involves your consistent efforts in keeping abreast of market information/transactions/policies and their effects on property values. The activities include market survey, collection of market transactions, tapping media information and effective following-up of subscribed databases.
4) To assist with the preparation of capability statements and marketing materials such as proposals, presentations, press releases, brochures, mailshots and other promotional materials.
5) To assist with the setting up and maintenance of filing and database systems. Such systems include: Databases for property records and searches, CBRE Tops and the Excel.
6) To assist with the activities of the Research and other departments when required to do so.
7) To travel in the Mainland China on required basis.
8) To carry out any other assignments as directed by your directors or the Senior Management.
• Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience for Senior Valuer.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Writing skills and an analytical mind. Specifically, an ability to articulate research findings and opinions succinctly in valuation and professional reports.
• Essential educational or professional qualification necessary for successful job performance. Overseas education background is preferred.
• A high degree of mathematical skills and accuracy in calculations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in the Excel software.